Gaylon Mathews

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Chubby Howard

Gaylon Mathews

Post by Chubby Howard »

my son Tony and his friend went to see Gaylon with Gretchen Wilson and what a great show that was, Gaylon took very very good care of them and he is a wonderful player and person that I consider a friend.Gaylon was very nice to do this and I thank him for that.Also Vic Lawson was there with Blaine Larson and he sounded great and was very nice to them also thanks again guys,your friend Chubby Howard
Chris Lasher

Post by Chris Lasher »

I saw Gaylon Matthews at the Gretchen Wilson show last night in Atlanta. What an excellent picker! He was right up there in the mix, and boy, he sure made that Rains and Fender Steel King sound good! He really shined on the ballads, "When I Think About Cheatin'", and my favorite, "I Don't Feel Like Loving You Today". Great job, Gaylon! Image
Vic Lawson

Post by Vic Lawson »

Chubby and Tony, thanks for the kind words. Really good to see you guys again. Also Chubby you sounded really good Tuesday night. Thanks again. Vic
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Gaylon is a great player! Chris, if you saw the man on bass, that's my twin brother's former room mate named Jeff. I love Gaylon's sounds on the Rains pedal steel and the Melobar lapsteel. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10