David Van Allen

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Franklin Jones

David Van Allen

Post by Franklin Jones »

I had the pleasure of seeing David perform saturday night in Ashland, Va.This was the first time I have heard him but hope it won't be the last.Unbeleivable steel guitar playing.Three hours of pure pleasure.

------------------
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Franklin... yeah, the guys not half bad is he?? Very fine steel player,and has this somewhat unbalanced sense of humor you gotta love. Dave is a player that deserves to be heard for sure, and he's a pretty cool character to boot!
Ben Jones

Post by Ben Jones »

this guy has a GREAT sense of humor, really nice, and is a monster player..I hope to meet him offline someday.
Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

... Mr Franklin Jones, I am flattered; I am glad my playing gave you such pleasure...

especially so, since you were the one who went and crawled around on the floor lookin' for the finger pick I fired like an arrow off the first string out into the audience...and you found it!

you saved my bacon sir and I thank you for it!!!

Ben... I look at the guys I think are "monster players" and I am so not that... I just try to play pretty much what I'd like to hear a steel guitar play in the holes there are to fill...but thanks for the vote of confidence.

Bob... I've got a "DVA fan club card" with your name on it... but you have to come to a gig to get it... Image

------------------
"I've got the 'ZB Jeebies™' !"
"Pickin' it 'old school' on the Pedizzle Stizzle"
<small>1998 Zumsteel U12 "Loafer" 8&6 :: 1973 ZB Custom D-10 8&5 :: '69 Thinline Tele RI :: Vintage Fender 'Tube' Amplification

www.dvanet.net :: zbcustom73@dvanet.net :: www.lasttrainhome.com
:: My Tribute to the Hot Club of America in Hi-Fi
::A Zumsteel Picture Gallery:: A ZBCustom Picture Gallery

Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

DVA is one of my favorite steel players and a fine friend who has taken the Hot Club Of America to where it is today.

Thank you Dave. Image
Duane Reese

Post by Duane Reese »

Hey I've got to say too, I did a search for mp3's or recordings on the fourm and came across one of Dave's old postings for some Last Train Home mp3's, and I since I've become a fan - I love how that band sounds!

DVA, there isn't any plans for LTH to come out west here one day, is there?
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

DVA is great, and so is Last Train Home. They are a real East Coast treasure. If you can't get to see them, buy a CD. You wont be dissappointed.