Who played on:

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brian Lethert

Who played on:

Post by Brian Lethert »

Anyone know who played steel on the Everywhichway but loose soundtrack?

"Under the Double Eagle"
"Salty Dog Blues"
"I Seek the Night"

Anyone?
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

Gotta be JayDee.
Brian Lethert

Post by Brian Lethert »

The way the still was mixed on that record sounded way different than a lot of other Jay Dee stuff. The tone was more reminiscent of Lloyd Green, even though I doubt it was Lloyd.

One track had some fast picking, that sounded more like Jay Dee, but the other tracks were a not the typical Jay Dee Hot Licks, but they were really well put together.

Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

I know Jaydee played on the Eddie Rabbitt title track; not what most of us would think of as "typical" Jaydee either but still great playing. Pretty heavily "chorused" as I remember, like so much else from that era...
Steve Hitsman

Post by Steve Hitsman »

From his website:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR><SMALL>Partial listing of movies and sound tracks:
The Jazz Singer, Bronco Billy, Urban Cowboy, Other Side Of The Mountain, Other Side Of The Mountain II, Bobby Joe And The Outlaws, Smokey And The Bandit II, Honky Tonk Man, Black Roads, A Thing Called Love, Every Which Way But Loose, Longest Yard, Tilt, Stoker Ace, The Hunter, DB Cooper, Resurrection and Rush.</SMALL><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Brian Lethert

Post by Brian Lethert »

I was thinking of the steel parts on the other tunes. Anyone familiar with the instrumentals?

Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

I'd say it was definately Jay Dee! Snuff Garrett was the honcho on that movie and the sequels. On one tune in the movie "Send Me Down to Tucson" that Mel Tillis sang I was told that Jay Dee played on the soundtrack version but the cut which was released to radio was recorded in Nashville with another steeler, probably Lloyd Green.......JH in Va.

------------------
Don't matter who's in Austin (or anywhere else) Ralph Mooney is still the king!!!