where are you bobbe?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jimmie Martin

where are you bobbe?

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i've been trying to get ahold of bobbe seymour for a while. i have sent 3 emails i think and i can't get him to answer. i think hes mad at me. does anyone know where he is. if so let me know.
Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

I heard from him on Monday. Said he has been very busy with sessions and such.

------------------
SHO~BUDS,FENDER AMPS& GUITARS, TUT TAYLOR RESO'S

"What a long, strange trip it's been"

Megan Morrison

Post by Megan Morrison »

I tried e-mailing him not too long ago, and I didn't get a reply either. I think he's just really really busy and bombarded with e-mails, I wouldn't take any offense.
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i made an order on their web site and it hasn't been filled do i was wondering if they are going to or not. i made one over the phone but dan was real short with me and before i could finish he hung up on me. so i emailed and cancelled the order and asked to be taken off of bobbe's tip emails. the only reason is i don't know any of the people he talks about and i get lost in the technical parts so i skip over it a lot and delete it. so i don't need it. its good for you seasoned veterans. so i just figured he was mad at me over all of that.
Fred Jack

Post by Fred Jack »

Jimmie, I don't think Bobbe would get mad at you, or anyone else, without proper cause. Its probably as others have said that he is very busy.If you need something and can't wait, go somewhere else. I'm sure he'll understand.If you're like most of the rest of us you want it today but really can wait til next week.Call Bobbe up and give him hell. He can take it and he probably needs it! Regards, Fred
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

I don't think Bobbe knows how to be mad. I'm sure he gets hurt feelings like any of us but I don't believe getting mad is in his makeup. He likes people too much. I would recommend anyone not to be too quick to be upset at Bobbe either. He is a busy guy and who knows he might be physically ill.
Jerry
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Don't Be Mad At Bobbie He Has Been Very Busy For A While He Will Get Cought Up Though. SONNY.

------------------
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

no i'm not mad at bobbe. never have been. i don't like his store manager much. but don't know hi very well either. he was rude on the phone. i'm sure he would say different. but i was nice to him. i have never ordered anything online and not got charged or got thr order. so don't get me wrong i'm not mad at bobbe.
Willie Crisel

Post by Willie Crisel »

Dan is a friend of mine,and yes bobby also,they have always been nice to me,even though i am sometimes a pain in the butt,i can also tell you that both dan and his dad have had some majior health issues,pain and worry always make me a little grumpy,combined with a booming steel business.

------------------
MId seventies Push Pull D10 8 and 4, Peavey LTD Peavey Session 400 Ibanez analog delay

Don LaCourse

Post by Don LaCourse »

I E MAILED Bobbe this morning, and within five minutes he got back with me. he is the best except jeanie. they have always treated me with the upmost respect, and i have been buying and selling and tradeing with him for years.
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

I'm sure Bobbe is a busy man,I;m just an unknown ,hard working,underpaid steel player,never been famous,never will be,But the few times I visited his store he treated me as if I was a big star.Just this past week I asked him for a favor[which had nothing to do with me buying anything]And he did it.If he has been hard to get up with,I'm SURE there is a good reason.I'v been dealing with Bobbe about ten or twelve years without not one negative transaction.
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I called Bobbe the other day, needing some parts to fix the changer on a student's Sho-Bud Maverick.

Bobbe and Dan immediately gave me the finger. Image

I couldn't have finished the guitar without it. Image

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

I hope Bobbe is in the studio working on the follow up to "Priceless". Not sure what he's going to name this one (Too Priceless, Priceless II, Still Priceless ?)but it's something that should have been done as a box set from the get go! He told me a month ago they were getting it charted, and he's gonna get the same rhythym section as last time....it's gonna be a good un. Please tell me that's what ya been doin', Bobbe!
Roger
Ernest Cawby

Post by Ernest Cawby »

I called yesterday and ordered a bar, they said bobbe was out for a few days, the one the phone was a little short and hung up while I was asking a question, but they may have been busy.
Love you bobbe, great friend.

ernie
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

Herb, thanks for a good laugh! I've emailed Bobbe in the past with no response, but other times he has emailed me, so I think sometimes he is just too busy for the computer. Either that or he hates me. Image I don't see how he finds time for all the things he does.

------------------
Howard
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Herb, Bobbe's the only guy I know who will give you the finger, and then send you an invoice for it! Image
Bob Hickish

Post by Bob Hickish »

He's probably sitting in a simulator trying to
figure out how to start a SR71

Bobbe ! To go up - pull back- to go down -
pull back some more Image

Hick
Pat Burns

Post by Pat Burns »

... Image Image Image...
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

has anyone foumd bobbe yet?
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

<SMALL>the one the phone was a little short</SMALL>

How do you know that without seeing him? Image
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

he talked in a high voice.
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i finally figured it out. bobbe probably got married to some beauty. flew off to some secluded island for a honeymoon. the manager got mad because he left him with the store. thats why he is short with people and hangs up on people. may not see or hear from him for a while.
Danny Bentley

Post by Danny Bentley »

Willie,
Thanks for being my friend. Call me more often.

Ernest Cawby,
I apologize if I was short with you on the phone, I didn't mean to hang up on you, I thought you were finished. Sometimes it's just me there answering two phones, waiting on customers, and shipping orders. I'm not making excuses, just wanted to explain.

Jimmie Martin,
This is the second and last time I am defending myself on this forum due to your attacks. If you have an issue with me, call me.

Dan
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

danny bentley, i have no issue just the same as ernest cawby. are you shipping my electronic order i placed the other day? <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jimmie Martin on 19 February 2006 at 02:10 PM.]</p></FONT>
Darryl Hattenhauer

Post by Darryl Hattenhauer »

Dan short? Bobbe mad? A more likely explanation is that somebody is menopausal, and it ain't Dan or Bobbe.

------------------
"Drinking up the future, and living down the past"--unknown singer in Phoenix