Where is everyone pickin on New Years Eve

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Herby They Don't Know What They Are Missing. Have A Good One any Way. SONNY.

------------------
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum4/HTML/009829.html

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

I'm playing with the band I'm in...Henry Smith's Country Dreams 5 piece, at Scratby holiday village near Great Yarmouth Norfolk, England.I've done 31st December there several years. Downside is we have to play 11 to 12 am the following morning.....ohh my poor head.

Micky Byrne,
Carter universal, soon to be restored Sho-Bud universal,Fender telecaster and Peavey goodies :-)
Micky Byrne

Post by Micky Byrne »

I'm playing with the band I'm in Henry Smith's Country Dreams, 5 piece at Scratby holiday village,near Great Yarmouth Norfolk, England.
I've done several December 31st gigs there....down side is we play the next morning too from 11 to 12 am...oooooh my poor head.

Micky Byrne.
Chris LeDrew

Post by Chris LeDrew »

I'm playing at the Delta Hotel New Year's Bash in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Great night, great pay, free drinks, passes for the family - how can you go wrong?
Mike Winter

Post by Mike Winter »

Played a wedding tonight...had a great time. Nothing for New Years Eve this year. I was hoping to see Larry Behm's band Cross Country, but alas, no. So the better half and I are taking a trip to the Oregon Coast, so we'll see what's happening in Seaside, Oregon on New Year's Eve. I think I've got a birthday...if I'm still counting them. Image

------------------
Mike
------------------
Blue Moon Highway
(Country Music...and then some.)
www.bluemoonhighway.com

T. C. Furlong

Post by T. C. Furlong »

I am playing New Years Eve at the most unusual gig I have ever had and it's an absolute blast. It's called Uncle Butchie's Live House presents B_COW. There are about 15 performers. The guitar player and I are the only white guys. The music is R&B, Soul, Funk, and Hip-Hop (they call Hip-hop...Yip-Hop) all of the tunes are written and produced with a country flavor (that's where I fit in). There is even a sort of Funk/Celtic anthem. If the songs, production and singers weren't great, it wouldn't work at all. These folks are really talented and great singers so it works. And they absolutely love country music and steel guitar. And I am expanding my vocabulary. Learning all sorts of new voicings and phrasing. You think jazz has a lot of big chords? Man, have I had to woodshed.
TC
Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

New Years Eve playing with my regular band, Super Grit Cowboy Band at Tar Heel Opry House
in Jacksonville, N. C. and on New Years Day, playing guitar in a Hank Williams tribute show with Don Helms and Chris Malpass at the
Liberty Theater in Liberty, N. C. 3 P.M.