Years of practice

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Will Sevy

Years of practice

Post by Will Sevy »

I have tried to play the pedal steel for 5 or 6 or 7 years now, And I'm ready to let you hear what I'm made of. I make CD's on my computer for my father. He loves music and he likes that I make music for him. This song is off of the CD I made for him for Christmas. It's called California stars.

<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Will Sevy on 27 December 2005 at 09:43 PM.]</p></FONT>
Will Sevy

Post by Will Sevy »

Oh Darn! The file was too big for my hosting service. I guess I'll show you what I'm made of some other time. Image
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Hi Will. Do you have MusicMatch on your computer?
Will Sevy

Post by Will Sevy »

No, I don't know What musicmatch is,but I will venture a guess that it's a file sharing utility that people use to share music over the net. Am I right? What do I win? Image<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Will Sevy on 28 December 2005 at 05:05 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Francis

Post by Roger Francis »

Hey Will, i think Andy was just trying to help
John Lockney

Post by John Lockney »

It is mainly a "jukebox" music playing program but it also includes a nice utility to convert files, which could turn a 75MB wav file into a 5MB MP3.
http://www.musicmatch.com/home.htm

Will Sevy

Post by Will Sevy »

I didn't mean any offence by my comments, I try to find every available excuse to use smilies.
Will Sevy

Post by Will Sevy »

I would like to say once again that I didn't mean to be a smarta$$ or anything like that AT ALL. Please accept my apologies Andy, if they are applicable. Also, thank you all for enlightening me as to what MusicMatch is. (I really didn't know what it was to begin with)<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Will Sevy on 28 December 2005 at 05:13 PM.]</p></FONT>
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

Lighten up guys...no offense taken Will but John hit it right on the head, with MusicMatch you can convert a large wav file into a more compact mp3 so that you can upload it easier. Too bad, I'd sure like to hear it.
Will Sevy

Post by Will Sevy »

I will get it figured out, And then we can all have a listen.
Jim Bob Sedgwick

Post by Jim Bob Sedgwick »

Will, you say you've been playing 5 to 7 years on and off? Hang in there man. You only have about 25 more to go, then the frustration REALLY sets in. Image