Singer Wesley Dennis

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Larry Behm

Singer Wesley Dennis

Post by Larry Behm »

I got a copy of a CD by WD, the steel player sounds like Mike Johnson. This is a 10 year old CD I think, the steel playing is great and plenty of it. Very country, very commerical.
I do not have the liner notes, anyone know the steeler for sure?

Larry Behm
Jason Powers

Post by Jason Powers »

Hi Larry, If the CD you are referring to has "Borrowed Angel" on it, the liner notes in mine say Paul Frankin on steel & dobro.
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

What a great and under-appreciated album and singer! (And I still have nightmares about trying to learn some of those licks overnight for a suddenly scheduled audition.)
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

I believe that if "Borrowed Angel" had been the first "single' off the CD, Wesley would still be on the scene big time. Jody.
Rich Mounce

Post by Rich Mounce »

Yep...I agree! That was a pretty darn good CD. I picked it up when it came out and then booooom he was no longer around. Probably "TOO COUNTRY"....

Rich Mounce http://cisga.net
Ed Byerly

Post by Ed Byerly »

Great vocals. Borrowed Angel would have climbed the charts for sure. I really like "I don't know, but I've been told", a nice upbeat tune. Ed
Jason Powers

Post by Jason Powers »

Guys, I wholeheartedly agree with all of your comments. I also like "Leave Me A Picture Of You" and "Don't Make Me Feel At Home" from the CD. Wesley's version of "Borrowed Angel" would make Mel Street very proud, I'm sure.
Terry Downs

Post by Terry Downs »

I think it is one of the best C&W albums ever recorded. WD has faded into the haze, but he had a cool country voice.

The A team was playing on all 9 cylinders on that one. Paul, Brent, Larry Frankin, ....and so forth. It's a darn shame that the CD cannot even be purchased anywhere.
Larry Behm

Post by Larry Behm »

I got a copy of this CD wo I could do, Leave me a Picture. Great waltz and down home lyrics.

Larry
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Wesley is performing in Montgomery, Alabama, on the weekends. Still has the voice. Don Lynch occasionly backs him on steel.
Bill
Ken Thompson

Post by Ken Thompson »

Agreed on all accounts. We use that CD alot for break music. It's as good as country gets. Wesley's in Alabama while Big & Rich are all over. Amazing!!!!??????

Wish I was in Alabama.
Bill Cook

Post by Bill Cook »

Ken,
A personal invitation. You come to Alabama on Feb 26, for THE ALABAMA STEEL GUITAR ASSOCIATION'S First Super Jam, I will have Wesley there to sing on your set? Is that a deal??
Bill