Looking for Wally Murphy in Florida

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bill Fulbright

Looking for Wally Murphy in Florida

Post by Bill Fulbright »

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with Wally Murphy? I read some old posts in Bar Chatter locating him in Orlando.

My old bass player was talking to Tommy Detamore, and Tommy mentioned him to my friend, who mentioned him to me!

Does anyone have a phone, email or performance location?

Thanks in Advance.

------------------
Bill Fulbright
1998 Sierra U12 7x5; Gibson ES-165; Peavey 50-410
ICQ# 2251620 Bill's Website Launch Pad

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bill Fulbright on 17 October 2001 at 11:01 AM.]</p></FONT>
Neale Tracy

Post by Neale Tracy »

Hi Bill. I last saw Wally playing at the Downtown Disney Complex a couple of years ago.He was in the resident band at the Country music nite spot.I forget the name of the club.

------------------
Franklin S10
Fender Strat
Godin Tele
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Last I heard Wally was playing at a club, the Disney gig was over a couple of years ago.

This is the last thing I saw on Wally, posted back last winter posted by Paul Crawford from Orlando.

"Wally is at the Post Time Lounge Thursday thru Sunday in Altimonte Springs, (just north of Orlando.) It's on Hwy 17/92 just north of State Road 436 right by the Seminole Dog Track"
Bill Fulbright

Post by Bill Fulbright »

Jack,

I saw that post too. I thought I might look him up after Tommy Detamore mentioned it to my old bass player.

I'm in Pembroke Pines, and AS YOU KNOW, they ain't no live venues heah no mo'... not for steel players unless they are coming through on a show.

I just miss hearing a live band w/steel. I guess I will have to break down and start one.

------------------
Bill Fulbright
1998 Sierra U12 7x5; Gibson ES-165; Peavey 50-410
ICQ# 2251620 Bill's Website Launch Pad

David Mullis

Post by David Mullis »

The info on the Post time lounge is correct, unless something has changed since I was down there in August.
Roger Miller

Post by Roger Miller »

I just talked to Jim about three weeks ago and he said he was working on Jukeboxes. I don't think he was joking either and said he was in Orlando.
BoFrazer

Post by BoFrazer »

I can definitely find him. I am working with Dave Durham, of "Bull Durham" band, of which Wally was a member. I see Wally now and again in the Orlando area. Email me if you're still curious to find him.

------------------
Peace thru music,
Bo
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

Hey Bo where you been?