Question for Bobbe Seymour: Priceless II?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jeff Garden

Question for Bobbe Seymour: Priceless II?

Post by Jeff Garden »

Hey Bobbe,
Any update on possible plans to do a "Priceless II" CD with another great selection of Ray Price tunes?

Thanks....

Jeff
John Knight

Post by John Knight »

I'd buy that for a dollar, well ok maybe a little more then that. So Hey Bobbe, what about it. Is it in the works.

------------------
D 10 Thomas with 8&6, '61'D-10 Sho-Bud 8&3
S12 Knight 6&4
Nashville 400 and Profex II
81' Fender Twin JBL's
Asleep at the Steel

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

It is in the works, won't be long, the musicians are being contacted now, The great old studio is waiting, the song list is done, and I'm firing up a beautiful '62 Sho-Bud perm and a '64 Emmons for the project, along with an old tube Standel Amp.
Again, this will be recorded as authentic to yesteryear as possible.
Nothing but ex-"Cherokee Cowboy" players will be used. (there seems to be a lot of them!)
Ask any questions, make any suggestions, and let me know how interested you are.
Bobbe Seymour
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Great news, Bobbe. Priceless I is.....well, priceless. Super CD start to finish with tons of tasty steel licks. How can you go wrong with more Ray Price tunes and an all-star lineup of Cherokee Cowboys. Go for it!
Larry Strawn

Post by Larry Strawn »

I want one Bobbe,,

Hurry, Hurry!!!! LOL..

Larry
Cody Campbell

Post by Cody Campbell »

<SMALL>make any suggestions, and let me know how interested you are.</SMALL>
"how interested am I?" .... I'll be waitin'!

"suggestions:"

Well it'll be hard to top the song selection of the original, but I'll offer this:

Of course, any of the great shuffles from the late fifties/early sixties. (And there's plenty to choose from).

Also:
"Let me talk to you" would be a great one, but you already cut it for 'soulful steel'. (I really like that recording, BTW).

"For the good times" is already on the 'masters' disc.

I can't offer much, after all, for song ideas. How 'bout some of the early honky-tonk stuff? (Perhaps not too recognizable, but good tunes just the same). 'you done me wrong'?

One Last suggestion:

The song "I'll be there (if you ever want me)". I wouldn't really know, but a C6 interpretation of that melody would be cool, IMO.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Cody Campbell on 02 November 2005 at 07:04 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

"You Done Me Wrong" and "I'll Be There" are already on the new list Cody, how did you know? You are a smart kid! (and a good friend)
The rest of you need to know that I appreciate all the moral support! I'll do my best to make this a great old steel guitar "shuffle" CD.
I enjoy hearing from anyone with suggestions,

Bobbe
Chippy Wood

Post by Chippy Wood »

Count me in Bobbe, how about another 'Soulful Steel' as well, love those musical arrangements.

------------------
Ron (Chippy) Wood
Emmons D10
Emmons D12

Tony Davis

Post by Tony Davis »

Count me in too Bobbe....pick it up in March..either Dallas or Hendersonville
Tony
George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Add me to the list.
Bill Beall

Post by Bill Beall »

Me too, Bobbe. If I'm remembering right, Ray had a beautiful rendition of " Make the World go Away ". I would love to hear that one on the CD.

Bill
Andy Greatrix

Post by Andy Greatrix »

Bobbe, have you considered doing an instrumental version of "It should be easier now"? It had an incredible Grady Martin introduction and turn-around on gut string guitar. It is a beautifal waltz.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Andy Greatrix on 03 November 2005 at 05:37 AM.]</p></FONT>
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

"It Should Be Easier Now", Man , what a great cut that was, and "Make The World Go Away", this is on the list,

Any one else with song suggestions? <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 03 November 2005 at 07:31 AM.]</p></FONT>
Norm Kidwell

Post by Norm Kidwell »

Soft Rain would sound great. Norm Kidwell
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

"Soft Rain" is a tune that Jimmy Day and I were getting ready to cut when we lost him.
Yes, this would be a great song,
Thank you Ten String Norm,<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 03 November 2005 at 08:08 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Crawford

Post by Roger Crawford »

I was just about to chime in on Soft Rain. Been waiting on this one since the original! When are you gonna start listening to me, Bobbe??? It should have been a box set from the very beginning! Need any studio visitors for moral support? Or a roadie?
Dave Burr

Post by Dave Burr »

Bobbe,

I think the great Charlie Rich song "Sittin and Thinkin" from Mr. Price's "Night Life" album would be a great one to record. Great melody and it has a really cool modulation on the bridge.

Respectfully,
Dave Burr
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

I have a great idea: can you write on the cd which songs were done on Sho-Bud and which songs on the Emmons, and include a nice picture of both guitars?? Image

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten
Sho-Bud LLG; Guyatone 6 string lap steel; John Pearse bar; Emmons bar; Evans SE200 amp

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Marco, Roger and you other guys, YES! What great ideas, looks like you guys are still producing my Price-Less CDs! I'll incorporate everyone of these ideas, great thoughts (demands).
Chuck Hall

Post by Chuck Hall »

Me too, me too. Put me on the list.
Howard Tate

Post by Howard Tate »

After "Kentucky" on the live cd you tease us with a little bit of "'Deed I Do", I believe is the name of it. I sure would like to hear more of that. If it's already on a cd I don't have, would you tell me which one, please.

------------------
Howard, 'Les Paul Recording, Zum SD12U, Carter D10 8/8, Vegas 400, Boss ME-5, Boss DM-3, DD-3, Fender Steel King, Understanding wife. http://www.Charmedmusic.com

Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

I'll be waitin' too also... Looking forward to it's release!
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Kenny Krupnik, Roger Crawford and Steve Kritz, here we go again, see what you guys started?
I think my playing will be better on this one, I feel I overplayed a little on the last one, I want to give the material a little more chance to breath. I want to get all the "feel" out of the rhythm section I can get. I don't want to push the songs, I want them to pull me into them, if the songs pull me in, they'll do the same for all the listeners also. This needs to be a beautiful CD, one that can be listened to over and over without getting tired of it.
A lot of thought is going into the production this month, careful thought. We don't want it "over Produced" either.
Tasteful is the secret.
Thank you everyone,<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 05 November 2005 at 10:05 AM.]</p></FONT>
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Now I have something great to look forward to; keep picking Bobbe!!