Who's playing in Austin, Texas next week?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

JamesMCross

Who's playing in Austin, Texas next week?

Post by JamesMCross »

During the week, that is...

Mon, Tues, Wed, or Thursday night - and where?

Thanks!
John Bresler

Post by John Bresler »

I'd contact Herb Steiner. Maybe you can catch him live. Awsome player!! He has a web site under links above.

Michael Garnett

Post by Michael Garnett »

Ditto for ol' Ricky Davis. He's on here quite a bit, and you won't want to miss a Dale Watson show, if they've got one in town.

-MG

Here's Dale's website, looks like you're in luck.
http://dalewatson.com/tourdates.

Several opportunities for you there.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Michael Garnett on 20 August 2005 at 08:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Well I'll be at Ginny's little Longhorn with Billy Dee from 9pm-12:30am Tuesday Night.
http://www.ginnyslittlelonghorn.com/
Ricky
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

I don't have a whole lot of gigs on my dance card lately... Image. Thank the Lord for my rhythm tracks and course material.

I will be at the Gillespie County Fair in Fredericksburg on Friday the 26th, with Johnny Bush. Then it's off to Missouri for a day or two with my in-laws, then to St. Louis for ISGC. Then I come back to Texas and fish Lake Fork for two days, then finally returning home so that the wife and the cat will remember what I look like.

I know, I know... "rough life, Herb." Still need more gigs, though.

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

Bill Baseman

Post by Bill Baseman »

I would check out the Continental Club. They usually have someone worth seeing, particularly at happy hour. Also I would check out Hills Cafe on Weds they have (in the past when I've been to Austin)a pretty good show and if I am not mistaken I think it is free.
Howard Kalish

Post by Howard Kalish »

Come hear Scott Walls play steel with the Cornell Hurd Band every Thursday night at Jovita's on South First Street, 8-10pm. It's a 10 piece country western swing honky tonk rockabilly R&B band. No cover and real dancers. Jovita's serves Tex-Mex, heavy on the 30 weight.
Billy Gilbert

Post by Billy Gilbert »

Cindy Cashdollar at Threadgills South 7:30 to 10 on Thurs. 25th, according to her web site.