Josh Turner's steel player?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Theresa Galbraith

Josh Turner's steel player?

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

I watched the Opry last night & liked what I heard. He's young & was playing a Marrs with Franklin fret boards.
Anyway, I really enjoyed his playing on the second song. The player is?

Thanks, Theresa
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

Theresa,
That was our own Jeff Surratt. Jeff works with Duane Marrs when he's not on the road with Josh Turner.

Bob Image
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

That was Jeff, eh? cool. I guess he would be playing a Marrs guitar. It seemed that he had a catcan reso-neck (or whatever they are calling their reso-product) built in as his back neck---couldn't see it well but it did not look like a stand-alone neck laid on top of the steel. Neat. <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Jon Light on 07 August 2005 at 10:38 AM.]</p></FONT>
Theresa Galbraith

Post by Theresa Galbraith »

Thanks Bob!
I always wondered what Jeff looked like. Image
Tv Opry is Grand! Image
Duane Marrs

Post by Duane Marrs »

Thanks. Those are actually Marrs fretboards with an extra scale. They look very similar to the Franklin, but ours are stars and not spiderweb markers.I think Duane and Mr.Franklin were starting their guitars about the same time. The back neck is a pedal cat-can I designed with pullers at the keyhead and tuned underneath at the pedal stops. I will be offering this on my new product line in the coming months. We are moving our business to Mt.Juliet and will have a new factory there hopefully by October. Jeff
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Hey Bob, Its great to see your back to keeping us informed and that your feeling great once again.