hacienda brothers steeler!!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gaeron Baker

hacienda brothers steeler!!

Post by Gaeron Baker »

Has anyone heard the Hacienda brothers steeler. I think his name is Dave Berzansky.
Nice stuff. Check out their web site
haciendabrothers.com
David Mullis

Post by David Mullis »

Yeah good stuff! I've been wondering who their steel player was. The guy I'm playing with now turned me onto the Hacienda Brothers. Now if I can just get their CD!
Tim Whitlock

Post by Tim Whitlock »

The CD is pretty good. The playing is very good by the steel player and I've always like Dave Gonzales' playing. On this CD it is very understated and tasteful, but catches fire here and there, which is how I like my guitar playing these days. The songs are not real great, with the exception of "Turn to Grey", which features some real nice steel. The Hacienda Brothers just came through here and by all accounts put on a great show. Being an early riser I couldn't stay up that late on a school night.
Steve Blazek

Post by Steve Blazek »

D.B. is great, played here last night at the Zoo Bar with opening act Bill Kirchen! it's been a good month for guitar here in Nebraska, last week John Jorgensen, the week before that Pete Anderson! sure beats watching the corn grow.
Mike Winter

Post by Mike Winter »

I missed their two shows at Duff's Garage here in Portland last week, but word is that the steeler was great...and has only been playing for four years. Both Doug Jones and Harley James told me he is an excellent player. I'm kicking myself...
Doug Jones

Post by Doug Jones »

One of the groups I work with opened for the Hacienda Bros June 16th. They're all a good bunch of guys and DB, for only playing 4 years, is quite the player! He plays very assertively and took some great, tasty rides. What impressed me most is that this 31 yr old cat is a hardcore steeler that loves his instrument. He plays one of Ricky's old Pro-2 Sho-Buds through a Fender Pro Reverb amp. This act is a must hear and see if they come to your area.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Doug Jones on 26 June 2005 at 05:03 PM.]</p></FONT>
Grant Johnson

Post by Grant Johnson »

I just opened for these guys in Seattle last week and Dave was super friendly. I was happy to see see another youngish dude playing steel we talked briefly about steel and he checked out my MSA. He is excellent! We have been playing about the same amount of time, but man(!) he is on a much higher level than me! I'm so glad that he did not open for me!
Ward Wilsey

Post by Ward Wilsey »

I used to play with Dave, and I'd just like to say that you couldn't find a nicer, more down to earth guy in the world. An incredible talent, and you're sure to hear more about the guy in the future. Ward