Any intrest in a PA/DC/MD steel guitar assoc?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael Weaver

Post by Michael Weaver »

I am looking forward to attending this function. I have not been active for quite some time, but have always "kept in touch". Sundays are better for me, although Saturday evenings are also ok.
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

This all sounds good, and I'll be interested to see what develops. If there are too many for a single jam, you might consider breaking the jams up into beginners, intermediate and advanced. I think us beginners and intermediates are more comfortable participating that way, and the jam tracks can be chosen appropriate for each group. As far as that goes, the advanced jam could in effect be the show part of the event.
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

David...That's a great idea! This is the kind of input that I'm looking for. I need everyone to tell me the good things and bad things they've seen at other shows/jams. I want this to be fun for everyone and something people will want to be a part of!
ROBERT MYERS

Post by ROBERT MYERS »

Hey Bill, sounds good to me. Can someone from West Virginia join in too? LOL. Let us know when and where.

------------------
Bob Myers Pedalmaster Classic 8 & 7 Profex2 Peavey M7000 Power Amp 2 15in speakers Nashville 400 Digitech RP 100 67 Fender Duo-sonic 69 Fender Mustang

Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

Anyone that wants to make the trip is more than welcome! We're gonna have some fun!
Dr. Hugh Jeffreys

Post by Dr. Hugh Jeffreys »

Bill: I am for any club or organization that promotes the ADVANCEMENT of PEDAL steel. I may not be able to attend all of your meetings, but there are many ways to promote a great cause. ---j---
Bill Thomson

Post by Bill Thomson »

I'm very interested. Allow a chance for non-pedal steel to sit in also. Sunday would work better for me, but I would try to attend on whatever day you decide. Yes, promote steel guitar.
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

It is looking like this will be a sunday event and all are welcome. Pedal Steel, Lap steel and people who just want to listen. Were going to have fun with this. Thanks for all the intrest.
Webb Kline

Post by Webb Kline »

Bill, I'd be happy to do keys if needed as long as it falls on a date I can make it. That's been my main gig most of my life. I can handle country, swing, jazz and blues equally, I can read charts and improv is my forte. Let me know.
Webb<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Webb Kline on 26 May 2005 at 09:18 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

Webb,

I'd love to have you come and play keys and steel both. Thanks for the offer!
Bob Miano
Location: Bergenfield, N.J. (home of "some" country music) - deceased

Post by Bob Miano »

Hey Bill,
If "Jersey" is invited I'd be interested as well. Sounds like fun. Harrisburg is about 3 31/2 hours away (certainly do-able).

Bob Miano
Bergenfield, NJ
Bill Myers

Post by Bill Myers »

All you guys are welcome...I may have titled it PA/DC/MD, but I think Mid Atlantic or Northeastern would be a better title. We're not going to turn anyone away! If you lover steel guitar and want to be part of this...then it's the place for you. Heck we'll even let banjo players in.
Douglas Berry

Post by Douglas Berry »

I would be interested...moving to Rochester NY in June...
Webb Kline

Post by Webb Kline »

Bill, I'm opening for Randy Stonehill somewhere in Camp Hill this summer. Not sure of the date, but I'll let you know. Maybe we can hook up.
Dennis Stambaugh

Post by Dennis Stambaugh »

Hi Bill,
This Denny from Gettysburg,Pa. And I would love to see and attend a jam secession in the Harrisburg area for the steel guitar.Would love to do the music fest in July also.
Wouldn't it be great to get Buddy Charleton to attend. He is now teaching at Billy Cooper Steel Guitar Shop in Orange,Va. Maybe he would attend along with Billy Cooper.That would be so cool !!!! I have Billy's Ph.number and email address if you would interested in contacting him or Buddy.

Denny
Dave Horch

Post by Dave Horch »

Bill - are you getting close to a date yet?

Also, perhaps us MD/DC/VA types (GLG, Griffen, DVA, Horch, etc.) might want to carpool/caravan up Rt. 15 to Harrisburg from some common location. Any interest guys?

Also, also... You might be able to talk Charleton into showing up, but as for Billy - it might be a hard sell. I begged Billy to play the old "steelin for hearts" shows a few years ago, and he had no interest at all. IF the gig was not in a lounge, there may be a chance if we all beg together. I know Bill would have a blast at a show/jam like this - we just got to get him out of his shop! (see... weekends are a busy time for him, and naturally he tends to want to be in the shop when customers have driven 700 miles all night to get there) Still, it's worth a shot to get Billy to play. If you've ever seen/heard him play in person, you know what a master of touch and taste he truely is!

Best, -Dave
Joel Newman

Post by Joel Newman »

Well count me in too for jams and show heck whatever,(my work schedule permitting), I'm just a beginner lap player but sounds like the wheels are turning in the upper mid atlantic area!!!! Dave I'm right near Frederick . . .
Mike Martz

Post by Mike Martz »

Hi Bill,
Mike Martz here from just across the river in Grantville. You definately have a great idea going here and it seems like alot of interest is building for a jam or show. Being that I'm in your back yard, I'd like to offer to help out if I can. You seem to have a pretty good handle on the whole thing, but if this is going to happen, some local help might make it alot more do-able. The July 4th music-fest on river front park would be an excellent way to get some large local exposure for the PSG. Shoot me an e-mail and we can talk about it and see how I can do to assit in some way.

Mike Martz
Grantville, PA
Jeff Hyman

Post by Jeff Hyman »

I never realized there were so many members
here from the Frederick County MD area. If
free I'll try to make it. Sounds like a blast.

BTW: Who is Buddy Griffith? :-)

------------------
Jeff Hyman
jeff@cactus.com
Sho~Bud LDG
WEBB and Fender Deluxe
www.HatCreekCountry.com
www.cactus.com
Bill Thomson

Post by Bill Thomson »

Hello Bill, I'm still very interested. Please give us all some time to plan for this event. Let us know when you come up with the date. Thank you.
Don Brown, Sr.

Post by Don Brown, Sr. »

Just wondering. Did this event so talked about, ever get off the ground or what?

Thanks,
Don
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

I don't think so.
But I'm in if it ever does get done.
Brian LeBlanc

& NOVA is the best place for meetings!

Post by Brian LeBlanc »

& NOVA is the best place for meetings!
'Frenchy' LeBlanc...
ShoBud & Twins
Bo Borland

Post by Bo Borland »

I went down to both Steelin for Hearts in 2000 (I think) and to Vienna Va a couple years back ( was it 2005?} it was a great show but not a jam.
It was a great location.
The next one in the area looks like Sagerstown Pa.. but it's almost 8 hours away. :( I'll miss y'all
John Lockney

Post by John Lockney »

This sounds like a great idea. Let us know when you pick a date!