About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Edward Burgin

Post by Edward Burgin »

Hi guys I have just been trying to play the steel for about 2 months. Sold my maverick today on the Forum. Thanks to you for being so patient with a newbie. hope I can always be as considerate as you guys and learn to play 1/3 as well. Thanks again Edward Burgin
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

Edward,

Welcome aboard.1/3 of us?Well I think that would take just a couple of weeks.
What steel are you playing at the moment?You said you sold your maverick so I think you have 2 steels?
Fill us in Edward.
Again....Welcome

Ron<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ronald ! on 12 May 2005 at 07:58 AM.]</p></FONT>
Edward Burgin

Post by Edward Burgin »

I have a Carter starter and a Nashville 400 amp. I really love what little I have learned, and time spent on it.
jim milewski

Post by jim milewski »

welcome aboard, much to learn here from great guys, the Maverick was the Carter Starter in our days, it was a good guitar to find out if one had the "steel bug", then move up, the nashville 400 is an excellent amp
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Once you get your geetar and amp obtained, then try for one of them Profex II's. What a neat unit. Just got one from a fellow forumite and what a load of opportunities. The fellas I've been practicing with asked me to a gig this Saturday night. First time out in 20 years. Looking forward to it.
Jo Ann Joyce

Post by Jo Ann Joyce »

Hi Edward! Welcome to the Forum. I have found many answers to questions here, and always get a helping hand from fellow members. It is good to see new musicians take up this wonderful instrument.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Hi Edward! welcome.. Lots of great guys here.. You'll get most of your questions answered here with NO problems.. Don't ask me anything though, I have these voices in my head.. and little people on my shoulders... making me do things....bob
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Welcome to this Great Forum (that does'nt sleep)Edward :-)
you've come to the right place all rooty, all righty
best of joy & learning on yer steel journey
you'll find a great bunch of folks here always on the case & ready to help
so don't be bashfull
jump on in son ! Image
boy, how i wish i had a Forum like this one when i had 2 months under my belt
Edward Burgin

Post by Edward Burgin »

Guys you dont know how much I appreciate all the offers to help. I am sure I will need a lot of it!!! Thanks again and God Bless, Edward
Chippy Wood

Post by Chippy Wood »

Welcome Edward, from the Highlands of Scotland, it's the best forum in the world.

------------------
Ron (Chippy) Wood
Emmons D10
Emmons D12