Swing/Country Bands around Austin TX

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Roual Ranes

Swing/Country Bands around Austin TX

Post by Roual Ranes »

I have a friend in the Austin area that needs to know where to go to listen and dance. Surely there is at least one band in the area!
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Bobby, I will be at the Broken Spoke Saturday the 12th with the Derailers. We will be playing some good honky tonk dance music.
BTW, I really enjoyed the show and visiting and pickin' with Ricky Davis, Carp, and man, Fred Justice is an awsome player. You've got a great thing going with the Rains. I plan on ordering mine soon.
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Bobby,

My band plays more swing than anything. We're playing from 8:30 to 12:30 @ Quihi Dancehall near Castroville,Tx 30 miles west of San Antonio tonight (sat). We do classic country and have lots of 3 part stuff. If you come out let me know your there. For Directions call me 210 885-7657 - You can also check our website Billymata.com for other dates. Not sure how far you want to travel but it tells you about us and our schedule,
Chuck Halcomb

Post by Chuck Halcomb »

Johnny Gible's "Texas Swing" band performs in Austin on a simi-regular basis. All they play is Texas Swing.

------------------
Remington Steel T-8 Steelmaster
Gibson Console Grande
Bobby Snell

Post by Bobby Snell »

Bill Groll's website is a good resource.
http://www.austinamericana.com/

Kerry Johnson

Post by Kerry Johnson »

Hey Bobby Snell... great 'hang' in Dallas last weekend.

Bobby Snell did some cool stuff with the "Cornell Hurd Band" in the recent past. So did Herb Steiner.

Definitely a must see & hear group in Austin. I think they still perform every Thursday 8-10pm no cover @ Jovita's restaurant in South Austin.
Great dance music.

Check out Snell's playing on "Fruit Shack".

Fruit Shack baby, Fruit Shack...'Oh Bobby' <font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Kerry Johnson on 13 March 2005 at 10:41 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roual Ranes

Post by Roual Ranes »

bOb, You can close this link. Friend is now an avid reader. He does not play at all but loves to keep up with what is going on. I suspect he will become a member just to support the venue.