Derailers-steel?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

slim simon

Derailers-steel?

Post by slim simon »

Does anyone know if the Derailers are Currently touring with a steel player? I've seen them a bunch as a four-piece, but I'd love to seem them with a pedal steel player, hopefully Marty Muse!?
slim
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Slim,
The gig in NYC is with that rare combination of good looks,brains and talent that is Mr. Pete Finney playing steel.

cya there, Bob
Dan Farrell

Post by Dan Farrell »

Slim-- I have seen them out here in Calif three times over the last three years. They have always had a steel player. It has always been a different one but the guys have always been great. One of the times I saw them, it was Marty Muse. But again, whoever they use when you see them, you know he is going to be good and it will be a great show too.

Dan Farrell
Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

Last time I saw them it was Marty Muse<<<<
GaryHoetker

Post by GaryHoetker »

I wish they would invite Buck's original road steeler Jay McDonald to tour with them. His style ala Mooney would fit right in. Come on Brian, and Tony just ask. In any event, the Derailers rock.
Chris DeBarge

Post by Chris DeBarge »

Saw them here in Boston on Wednesday, definitely some fine, fine steelin'! Something that was sorely missing from their sound last time I saw them (or maybe I'm just biased).
Harry Hess

Post by Harry Hess »

I saw them in Philly on the 5th. They were smokin' and Pete Finney did a fantastic job with them.

I think the Derailers are the hottest thing going these days. And Pete Finney's keyless Sierra was pretty impressive to.

Regards,
HH
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Thanks to everyone for the kind words... One couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys to play with than the Derailers; it's SO much fun! The East coast tour is over; I'm back in
Nashville for a while. They'll be doing some upcoming Texas shows that I believe Mike Daily of George Strait's "Ace in the Hole" band will be joining them for. Can't go wrong there; I'm tempted to go visit Austin just to hear Mike play with them (and eat some barbecue and enchiladas!).
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Chris Schlotzhauer is playing steel for the Derailers. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
Bowie Martin

Post by Bowie Martin »

Is Tony Villanueva back with them? If not, who took his place? Chris use to do a great job with them...always enjoyed hearing him with them...
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

I don't know how or why this ancient thread got resurrected! Chris is still playing steel with them as far as I know, and they didn't really repace Tony, they hired a keyboard player instead... But they sounded great last time I heard them.
SCOTT TYLER

Post by SCOTT TYLER »

I saw the Derailers this past summer in Nashville and Chris S. was indeed on steel with the band. He was a great guy to talk to and the new line-up kicked butt! 'Catch them when you can.