Where are you playing this weekend?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Frank Parish

Where are you playing this weekend?

Post by Frank Parish »

I'll be doing a bit of a road gig at Little Joes in Fredericktown, MO with a r/r band.
Fred Justice

Post by Fred Justice »

I'll be at the westside Elk's club in Phoenix with Three Wheel Drive,getting all of Billy Eastons left overs since he took the Patsy Cline job.Those guys are a lot of fun to play with. Image

------------------
Fred Justice
Events Dir.
SWSGA www.swsteelguitar.com

Terry VunCannon

Post by Terry VunCannon »

Our band The Matt Hill Blues Band will be playing with Steady Rolin' Bob Margolin at the Sunset Theatre in Asheboro NC. We open the show and then act as Bob's back up band for his set. Margolin was in Muddy Waters band for about 8 years before Muddy died. I plan on playing lap steel only for Bob Margolin's set, & I will play both guitar & lap steel for mour bands set. I am looking forward to a great night of the blues!!!
MIKEHOLLAND

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

I'll be just up the road from Frank at the Plummer Family Theater between Fredericktown and Farmington Mo. Sat. Nov. 20th.
David Doggett
Location: Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)

Post by David Doggett »

Monday night 11/22 I'll be playing beautiful ballads with Ann Johnson and Ray Duffie at The Mermaid Inn in the Chestnut Hill section of Philly. Wednesday, the night before Thanksgiving, I'll be playing with Gas Money at a rockabilly and roots blowout at the Blue Comet in Glenside. Watch out for your drinkin' paw - they'll be dancin' on the tables as usual. You couldn't ask for more contrast in two gigs. Image
Dyke Corson

Post by Dyke Corson »

Radmaker's in Tolono, IL Friday, Mclean Co. Country Opry, Bellflower, IL Sat. and a jam/potluck my wife Chrissy organized in Decatur, IL on Sunday
Cal Sharp

Post by Cal Sharp »

I'm on the outskirts of Dickson this weekend. www.calsharp.com/music/Gigs.htm

C#
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Thursday Night at Ginny's Little Longhorn in Austin,Tx with Billy Dee 9pm-1am.
Saturday at the Continental Club with Redd Volkaert from 3pm-6:30pm.
And working on two Sho~Bud professionals; 1 Sho~bud pro~I and 1 Marlen, inbetween gigs..ah..ha... Image Image Image Image
Oh and possibly go up to Dallas to visit Murph on Sunday.
Those are my gigs for the weekend.
Ricky
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

I'll be playing OUTSIDE(covered patio)at Juniors Backyard in Floresville,Texas on Saturday with Billy Mata doing old country shuffles and Bob Wills. I remember seeing my dad playing outside in Cols,O. in the 50s when it began to snow on them. We should be a little warmer.
Scott Henderson

Post by Scott Henderson »

I'll be giggin at the real estate office saturday and sunday trying to sell a house then sunday night gotta go keep up with the jimmy queen and the country crickets!!!
"life is good"

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

This Friday in Austin at The Continental Club with the Derailers.
Joe Miraglia

Post by Joe Miraglia »

I will be playing with Willow Creek Band at The Falconer N.Y. Moose Club,1 mi east of Jamestown this Saturday night. There is Country Music in Western New York State! There is also the Bare Back Jack Band playing around this area.Right Kevin!Two hot top 40's country music bands, but I think Willow Creek has a slight edge Image Joe
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Country Express will be doing the final dance of the season at the "Fiddler's Haven" at McDonough, NY, Saturday night, 8 to 11:30. Bobby Utter will be handling the steel chores because he knows a few dozen square dance calls and they like to square dance up there. Yours truly will be playing the bass this weekend instead of my usual spot in the steel chair. Come and see us and say hello!
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

The ol' standby,the "Cowboy Saloon" in Gallatin,Tn.(Fri. & Sat.)

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

I'll be resuming the 2004 Hardee's World Tour with two different groups. Tonight (Nov. 18th) We'll be at the Indian River Road location in Va. Beach. Tommorrow night the Legends band will re-group at the Portsmouth, Va. location. Both nights I'll be on lead guitar with the great Larry Sutphin on steel.....Have a good 'un, JH

------------------
Livin' in the Past and Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Pat Dawson

Post by Pat Dawson »

Baltimore Marriot Waterfront for the American Towmans annual convention on Saturday.
Mark Metdker

Post by Mark Metdker »

I'm off for a change....dangit! Anyone need an extremely mediocre steelman this weekend in Dallas? Let me know!
Chick Donner

Post by Chick Donner »

Friday and Saturday nights at Larry Csonka's (former Miami Dolphin) joint in Lisbon, OH. North of Lisbon on Route 45, west side of the road. Playing with Marshall Law Band, of which I'm a member.
www.marshalllawband.com

Dave Hadley

Post by Dave Hadley »

I'll be playing with Ben's Bones in Whitmarsh MD on the 19th @ Bayou Cafe and with Shane Gamble in Savage MD on the 20th @ Savage Mill. Stop on by!
Ben Lawson

Post by Ben Lawson »

I'll be at Ballys in Atlantic City and Friday from 10pm to 1:30 and at the Heartlands Hayride on Sat from 6-8pm. Tune in at http://www.wdvrfm.org/

Billy Easton

Post by Billy Easton »

I will continue doing the "Always, Patsy" show in Scottsdale, AZ at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. We do 6 shows each week, and with my full time job, I am a busy guy. Anyone in the area is encouraged to stop by and hear some classic Patsy songs. Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, and Saturday and Sunday afternoons.

------------------
Billy Easton
Casa Grande, AZ
Southwestern Steel Guitar Association

Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Be at JnR's Sports Bar in west Big Spring on Friday night and at the reliable gig Eagles' Club on Saturday night. Both with the new band "Texas Outlaws". If you're in the area drop by and have one on me.

fred

------------------
The spirit be with you!
If it aint got a steel, it aint real

Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

I will Be At a club In ft smith arkansas with "johnny Lee" on fri night . the club is called "The City Limits Club" Im not sure where its located but i KNow its in ft smith .. also there will be a special Treat!! Miss" Lisa Layne" Will Be with us!! Image She is the singer on the # 7 Most requested Christmas song of all time called "All I Want For Christmas Is You" some of you my recognize her as the Patsy cline from the Theater Show At the troubador theater in Nashville "ALWAYS" and "A CLOSER WALK" you will not want to miss this this show its awsome .. if any one needs a ticket look me up at the venue or call me on my cell at 919-464-3278..
Boo Miller
Dan Sliter

Post by Dan Sliter »

Friday night At Morrilton Opry
Sat Night At Choctaw Eagel's
Sun afternoon Jam
Monday Back to building seat & Cases
Boy we are the luckiest people!!!!
John Steele

Post by John Steele »

I'll be at the Rideau Carleton Slots in beautiful suburban Ottawa this Friday night on steel with Nelson Colt.
Saturday night the seldom heard John Steele trio will be at Kelly's Loft (piano jazz), Carleton Place, Ontario, with guest blower tenor saxophonist Dion Turnquiste.
We're offering refugee status for any Americans wanting to come dig the gig. Image
-John