What I think of Bobbe Seymour............

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Brian Donegan

What I think of Bobbe Seymour............

Post by Brian Donegan »

Heres a quick story... I original sent Bobbe a check for a steel guitar on his website, The first check I sent never made it there, so I sent another one with a tracking #. Just after I sent the second check my amp started to crap out, so I thought I really needed an amp more than a backup steel.So I called up Bobbie S and explained my situation and this guy was AWESOME......after putting a steel on hold for me, waiting for 2 checks to get there, and than having me call up and want to use the money for an amp ( I am a pain in the a$$ I know)he just said know problem,whatever you want to do. Here is the best part, I bought a Fender 65 custom 15, and he sold it to me for a couple hundred dollars less then guitar center or anyone else has it for. I dont know his price on Steel Kings but I would bet its cheaper than anyone,If any of you guys are looking for Fender amps, Bobbe should be the 1st and last guy you call.This is the 1st time I have had the pleasure of dealing with him, I will do all the shopping I can with him.Dan over there is great as well, super patient and very laid back. Really...these are a great group of friendly people.Thanks, Brian
Mike Archer

Post by Mike Archer »

I BOUGHT A EMMONS SKH D10 FROM BOBBE
A FEW MONTHS BACK THE GUITAR LOOKS AND PLAYS LIKE BRAN NEW NOBODY I NO OF BEATS HIS
PRICE ON ANYTHING AND HIS STUFF IS TOP OF THE LINE STUFF
HES GOT MY VOTE

MA
Ray Minich

Post by Ray Minich »

Be careful, he's known to change the name of his CD's Image
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

I don't think he realizes that Merle Travis played a standard guitar and not a pedal steel. That don't stop ol' Bobbe though, he does that finger style stuff as good as any guitar finger picker I ever heard......JH

------------------
Livin' in the Past and Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

HEY EVERYONE: BOBBY FOR PRESIDENT: HE CAN GET THINGS DONE RIGHT: AND HE,

pLAYS STEEL FOR THE BEAUTIFULL ANGELIC SOUND OF IT...... NOW THAT IS AS NICE AS YOU CAN GET..

JENNINGS

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Bobbe Seymour is now a Fender dealeer. Try the tube Twin Custom 15. He has fanatastic prices for forum members.
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

Aaaaand, he don't use no finger picks, says he can't afford em. Maybe we could all chip in and buy him a set.LOL It does cut down on pick noise tho."Steel Guitar Classics" CD is a keeper.

Hey Bobbe, maybe next time you're at Saluda,we can ge the fan club better organised...

Bill AKA..yer fren BUBBER<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bill Ford on 18 November 2004 at 11:30 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bill Ford on 18 November 2004 at 11:31 AM.]</p></FONT>
Tom Bradshaw

Post by Tom Bradshaw »

True story: Bobbe and I met in Dallas a few months ago. I was there to help him carry in the cases of his latest CD. He said the Big D boys had bought all of his latest albums at the wholesale, intending to make them an addition to their product line. Bobbe's only concern was, he didn't like the new name they were giving the album, "Your Suit Suits Me Fine." He walked out with a wad of cash and said, "Tom, let me buy you a drink." What a guy!

We both had been yearning for a Lone Star, so found this rat-infested bar to slam down a few. While sucking up the suds, watching tricks score and swatting flies, who walks in but this blonde with a rack on her that needed two wheelbarrows in front of her to keep from falling over. She hopped on the stool next to Bobbe. His eyes bulged, sweat beaded up on his forehead, he began to hyperventilate, and his tongue hit the spittoon next to the foot rail. It was an awesome sight, watching a man turn into Jell-O right before my very eyes. As usual, he remained speechless for all of a second. With spittle dripping from the corners of his mouth he turned to the gorgeous hunk of oozing sexuality and said:

"Wat-cha-up-to?"

She said: "Hi big guy. I just got out of prison for murder. I stabbed my husband 37 times."

Without taking a breath Bobbe said,

"Then you're single?"
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tom Bradshaw on 18 November 2004 at 08:35 PM.]</p></FONT>
Rex Thomas

Post by Rex Thomas »

I think Bobbe Seymour needs some more Dachshund pups.
Bob Wood

Post by Bob Wood »

Hey! I wouldn't trust anyone that rides a "Honda". Ha! Image

Bob
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Tom, yea, you meet the nicest people on a Honda! <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 29 November 2004 at 05:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

And Bob, I ride a BMW, an old "K" model.
(but not very well)

Thank you again Travis, you'll be a great player soon with all the great teaching you are getting from Stoney.
Ron !

Post by Ron ! »

I don't know the man in person but it must be one cool guy to deal with.According to all the positive posts I have read on the forum.
I hope I can make it to the States next year where I want to promote my steel guitar on one of the meetings.Might get lucky and meet THE MAN in person.

Ron

Nikaro SD10 4x6<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Ronald ! on 19 November 2004 at 08:37 AM.]</p></FONT>
Larry Robbins

Post by Larry Robbins »

Let me tell ya,
I bought a PRO III from Bobbe over the phone a couple of months ago. I called him on Saturday morning. He was understaffed that day, and I could hear phones ringing off the wall in the background.Bobbe Seymour took his sweet time with me,and made sure I had all of the info I needed,
and went out of his way to make sure I would be happy with the deal. Not only did he give me a GREAT price on this steel,but when I got the bill,he didn't even charge me for shipping,PLUS included a bunch of free CDs and sets of strings ect.. So a couple of days later when I decided that I just HAD to have a Hilton volume pedal,there was no question where I was going to call! Ill say it again....I think this Bobbe Seymour fella just might have a future in this bussines!! Thanks Bobbe!
Bob Wood

Post by Bob Wood »

Bobbe,

Hey? All those bikes not made in the USA look alike to me! Tee hee! Image

Forgive me Brother..., I just couldn't resist!

Bob
Ricky Littleton
Location: Steely-Eyed Missile Man from Cocoa Beach, Florida USA

Post by Ricky Littleton »

Any man that deals with steels and airplanes is a winner in my book!!!!

Ricky...
(soloed in an L3...and got my high performance in a Navion 225)

Bobbe for Pres for sure!!!

------------------
Emmons LeGrande - 8x4
Session 400 Ltd, Peterson VS-II Tuner
Dan-Echo, E-Bow, Ibanez Distortion, Boss Comp./Sustain, Ibanez Auto-Wah, PX4 Pandoras Box

Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

I'm Wateing For Bobbie To Come Out With A CD Called Fried Chicken, Ha I Just Had To Do That Old Pal. Just kidding. SONNY& MELVA.

------------------
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Brian, you are making it very hard for me to be mean and sarcastic! All these good things you said and that others are saying about me are forcing me to be a lot nicer guy than I was four years ago! I think I like this a lot better though.
Thanks guys for bringing better things out of me. Its fun being nice, and I appreciate "yall" very much.
I think the "Steel Guitar Community" is the greatest musical family of all the instruments in existence today. Bless you all.

Steel guitars forever!!!
Mike Richardson

Post by Mike Richardson »

What do I think of Bobbe....Well let me see...when I buy something from him I usually pay to much and when I sale him somthing I usually do get enough but I tell you I have more fun in losing money to him than anyone I know,but I know who to call when I am in trouble...my friend Bobbe.

Mike Richardson
1993 Emmons D-10 Lagrande ll
2004 Emmons Sd-10 Lagrande ll
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Are you kidding me Mike, you guys rip me off so badly that I have to use my welfare check to make the Rolls Royce payment. I give away more stuff to you guys than most steel dealers sell!

(just kidding, but is sounds good , huh?)
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Why just the other day Bobbe asked me if I had an extra twenty to lend him at lunch. Said he needed new tires for the airplane or something like that. I gave it to him.
Tom Callahan

Post by Tom Callahan »

One thing that has not been mentioned about this ole boy are the things that he freely gives away. His Knowledge and experience.
When a person is just starting to learn this monster we all love, nothing can be more valuable that the little tid bits offered by the great players.
Bobbe will help anyone and not be bashfull to tell them when they are screwing up or getting ready to make an error in purchasing or their learning.
Also he has aligned himself with some very fine people in his shop that bend over backwards to help you when you call or visit.
Other than the fact that in all my visits, I have never seen a blond in the place, Man I may have to edit that after some thought, be just like the fool to have a blond wig on next time I come in.

------------------
Tom Callahan
Emmons S-10
Nashville 400
Wayne Morgan

Post by Wayne Morgan »

I bought a Show~Bud T-shirt from him and got it home, it had three holes in it, called him up, he informed me they were sold "as is"
he told me to use the middle hole for my head and put my arms in the other two holes,
So it turned out ok
Bobbe "Car Wreck" Seymore,,what a nice guy !!

Wayne
Ron Jones

Post by Ron Jones »

Tops in my book. Great visit Saturday Bobbe. And I loved that gift you sent home with me. More Later.
slick

Post by slick »

Bobbe is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.I had the pleasure of meeting him several years ago and i will never forget how well i was treated.He knew i was from Georgia and played "sweet georgia brown" Travis style,no finger picks,blew me away.He then ask me to play one but of course i declined.I made that trip just to meet Bobbe,i didnt need a steel or an amp but i did buy a T-shirt and would you beleive that he gave me two cd's and four sets of strings.
I later ordered an Elite seat from him at a very good price.The steel guitar community is truly blessed to have a man like Bobbe.If you are ever anywhere near his store and dont visit with him,you will have missed an expereince of a lifetime.

Wayne