What Military Unit were you In??

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Swede Peterson

Post by Swede Peterson »

First Sergeant USAFR. Did 3 trips to the Gulf during the first party in 90 - 92. Could be going again. Proud to be serving and proud to be a member of this forum.

------------------
Swede Peterson

Jimmie Misenheimer

Post by Jimmie Misenheimer »

U.S.Navy. As a "shipfitter", I spent a few years playing a pipe wrench. Not bad, but once was enough. A word of advice for anyone seeking a "sterling" career in the Navy - don't get drunk in Hong Kong and steal a rickshaw. They frown on that over there. In 1970 the going price for a stunt like that was: a few hours in the brig, $32 American (it got away from me and ran in front of a truck - with Jo Jo Johnson still in it), 30 days swabbing the after engine room, and a quick trip back to E-3. They told me that I had a real good time though!!

Jimmie
Joe Miraglia

Post by Joe Miraglia »

U.S. Navy, 1958 1960. Served on the U.S.S. Des Moines in the Mediterranan sea.Joe
Dean Neeley

Post by Dean Neeley »

Draft Jul 54. Basic Ft.Bliss,Tx, QM School,
Ft.Lee,Va.Off to Japan Dec 54.Unit Mail clerk For Kobe QM Depot, Kobe Japan.Played
lots of shows all over Japan until Jul.56

Dean Neeley<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Dean Neeley on 22 October 2004 at 06:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

When I took a trip to Holland in 76 I was taken by two things. One was the regular soldiers being able to only wear one item of military clothing to be "in uniform'. Two was the way the Marchuisse( spelling? for Special Forces) handled the Molukkan Train Siege. Nobody to mess with to be sure.

Also recently I noticed the USAF changed it's rank for the top three to top stripes. Msgts used to have three stripes below the star. Three stripers are no longer buck sgts as was I..

I'm such an old fogey..

EJL
Jimmy Youngblood

Post by Jimmy Youngblood »

USN 1959-1962

AEWBARRONPAC .. NAS Barber's Point Hawaii .. NAS Midway Island
Jennings Ward

Post by Jennings Ward »

US Army, 327 th M.P. 58 to 64.

ANGELIC SOUND OF STEEL. Jennings

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +