Where are you playing this weekend?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Al Miller

Post by Al Miller »

Roger!!
Thats sounds great . let me know if you are gonna come for sure and I will leave your Name at the door..
Oh Yea by the call me "Boo" if you would Al is just a short for my real name and we dont need to go there Image
Boo Miller
Roger Edgington

Post by Roger Edgington »

Boo,

Judy and I will be there. Looking forward to hearing you.

Thanks,
Roger
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Wed.(20th) we'll be at "Sputnik's" on Sanders Ferry Rd. in Hendersonville,Tn. from 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.S.
Spoke w/ Paul Franklin today. He said he's gonna come by & visit w/ us. Anybody wanna meet him,better be there,also.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

Donny Hinson

Post by Donny Hinson »

I'll be playing in King George, Virginia, this weekend. It's an outdoor gig, and hopefully the weather will be good. One of my ex-bandleaders (when I played with the "Outlaws") has a nice little "spread" down yonder (about 200 acres), and a couple of times a year he has a picnic/reunion/party for all his friends. There will be plenty of food, and we'll be playing from about 12:00 'til about 4:00. Normally, he has a couple hundred people attending, and they come in everything from Model-A's to Prevosts, so it should be a fun time. Very casual gig, and they usually have a throw-together band with some real good musicians.

Anyone who wants to "show up" and hear (or play) some good ol' country music will be welcome! I'll be playing my "Mill", and there's usually one or two other steelers who will show up, too. Image

(e-mail me if you need directions.)
Arty Passes

Post by Arty Passes »

<Arty are you playing steel? I thought Glenn still played with KF.>

Yes, I've had the gig since March. Glenn wanted to spend more time with the family, and he is enjoying his weekends off, and working on that "other" neck...

Arty
Jim Thompson

Post by Jim Thompson »

Friday the 22nd, I'll be at the Moose Club in Cambridge, OH, and Saturday the 23rd, I'll be at the Moose Club in Marietta, OH with the Streamline Band. Sunday, Noon 'till 7PM, at the Hummingbird Steel Jam in Bolivar, OH.

------------------
Zum U-12 8&6
John Hughey's biggest fan

Dan Tyack

Post by Dan Tyack »

I'm playing with an acoustic singer songwriter (pedal steel, dobro, my new Weissenborn) at a house concert. Here's the info:

Saturday, October 23rd at 8 pm
Katya Chorover with Dan Tyack
Jackson Place Co-Housing Community
$10 Suggested Donation (more if you can, less if you can't) 800 Hiawatha Place South, One block East of Rainier on Dearborn

------------------
www.tyack.com
Curt Shoemaker

Post by Curt Shoemaker »

HI FRANK, I will be at BUSHWACKERS in Omaha Neb. Fri.& Sat. with the band Westwind.
Vance Monday

Post by Vance Monday »

I'll be playing steel and fiddle for the Barndoor Opry in Ravenwood, Mo. Friday night the 5th..Saturday night the 6th, along with my wife, Lila, at the Night Sky Opry in Allerton, Iowa and Sunday from 4:30-8:30 in Redding, Iowa at the Midwest Country Music Theater..<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Vance Monday on 04 November 2004 at 04:16 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bill Simmons

Post by Bill Simmons »

Great country music at the Weatherford Opry in Weatherford, TX with the TX Opry Band for two shows Saturday...2:30 PM and 7:30 PM.

Albert Talley is on steel, Dale Morris on fiddle, myself on electric. In addition to some super singers from the area, the great Johnny Rodriguez will be there. It is a wonderful family style show.
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Well,"P.F." did show up at our gig Wed. night. He stayed for a whole set,& later,came up & we chatted. He wanted to know how I got this run,& that lick,so I was more than glad to tell him. I also gave him a few of my "studio pointers" to kinda help him out on his next session.

------------------

Reggie Duncan

Post by Reggie Duncan »

October 22 at the Country Village Opry, Tickfaw, Louisiana. Session work on the 23rd, and attending a Palmetto State Quartet concert in the pm.
Then, next weekend, the 29th, at the Country Village Opry, Tickfaw, Louisiana and the 31st at Siloam Baptist Church in Meadville, MS.
Have a good one!
Ian Finlay

Post by Ian Finlay »

I'll be playing swing guitar at Bramshaw Village Hall, New Forest, Hants on Saturday. I might take the Stringmaster too if I can be bothered to carry the darn thing!

Ian
Nick Reed

Post by Nick Reed »

My band "Country Junction" will be at the Robertson County Senior Center friday night, then a Flea Country in Springfield Saturday night. Nick

Our website: www.countryjunctionband.tvheaven.com
Bob Cox

Post by Bob Cox »

I will be pickin at the Southern Ohio Opry with the money man "Ken Riley" on drums and Ike Landrum on fiddle and some of the finest talant in the tri state.Come on out.St rt 348 4mi west of rt 23 show time 7pm to 10pm

Bobby Cox EmmonsD10-webb614 dd3 7/8 BJS and Jaguire Strings <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Bob Cox on 22 October 2004 at 01:54 PM.]</p></FONT>
Frank Parish

Post by Frank Parish »

Fri-Sat 10-29, 30 The Players Roadhouse in Lebanon, Tn $5 cover, Saturday is dress-up for Halloween. We'll be The Soggiest Bottom Boys again theis year.
Daryl Stogner

Post by Daryl Stogner »

Smiley: I also gave him a few of my "studio pointers" to kinda help him out on his next session.

Still wiping the tears from my eyes from laughing... crazy old fart!

Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

HEY,you can't call me "old"!! I guess I'm gonna have to show you how to use the "quote" feature on the forum,huh Daryl?
Besides,its about time that someone noticed my facetious comment there. It took long enough. Which just goes to prove,nobody cares where YOU'RE playin',they just care where THEY'RE playin. I read ALL the posts.
Ya never know when someone might be playin', close by,on a night you ain't. You can go see him,& usually,they return the favor.

------------------

Dave Zirbel

Post by Dave Zirbel »

Playing at Konocti Harbor on October 30, opening for Charlie Danials.

------------------
Dave Zirbel-
ZB Custom D-10 8 x 5, S-12U Kline 7 x6, Dobro Cyclops reissue, 1967 Fender Telecaster, Webb 6-14E, Fender Super Reverb
The Mother Truckers

Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

This week I will be in San Marcos, Tx at Gordo's, and Saturday at Coupland, Tx dancehall, both with the Derailers. I case I can't post, next week we got to the west coast. Look me up

11/3/2004 Helotes TX Floore’s Country Store
11/5/2004 Seattle WA Tractor Tavern
11/6/2004 Portland OR Lola’s Room
11/9/2004 Chico CA Mister Lucky’s
11/10/2004 San Francisco CA Cafe DuNord
11/11/2004 West Hollywood CA The Viper Room
11/13/2004 San Diego CA The Casbah
11/14/2004 Cave Creek AZ Cave Creek Coffee Company

ESnow

Post by ESnow »

Ozark Mountain Hoedown Eureka Springs Ar. Every night except Tuesday.
Ronald Moore

Post by Ronald Moore »

Country Classics will be at tne American Legion Club in Onalaska, Wisconsin on Friday October 29 from 7pm to 11pm. Onalaska, Wis was good enough for the President of the USA today, it should be a good place for good country and western swing music this Friday. Ron
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

Playing At The SR. Citizens Club House Sat Night's In Hodgenville. Ky. 7;Pm Till 10Pm+ SONNY.

------------------
Vance Monday

Post by Vance Monday »

Playing steel at the Barndoor Opry on Friday night the 5th in Ravenwood, Mo. and Saturday at the Night Sky Opry in Allerton, Iowa and Sunday afternoon from 4:30 to 8:30 at the Midwest Country Music Theater in Redding, Iowa.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Vance Monday on 04 November 2004 at 04:11 PM.]</p></FONT>
Leon Eneboe

Post by Leon Eneboe »

I,ll be playing at a Salvation Army Benefit show in Watertown S.D. this Friday nite, 7 to ll...get home by midnight...tired but happy to have gotten to play.