oldest pedal steel player

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Bechtel

Post by John Bechtel »

4½ yrs. since I played PSG. That's probably longer than anyone, hands-down!

------------------
“Big John” Bechtel
(2)-Fender ’49–’50 T–8 Customs
Fender ’65 Reissue Twin-Reverb Custom™ 15”
click here
click hereclick hereclick here
Jim Harper

Post by Jim Harper »

I was 70 year,s old last April and play 3 night,s a week.I still carry my Peavey 400 session-Bandit 112-profex11-seat with back rest-D10-Emmon,s push-pull.It take,s me 4 trip,s to the van but think it sound,s good. God Bless==Jim Harper
Jackie Anderson

Post by Jackie Anderson »

Al, refusing to take money doesn't disqualify you! In addition to being one of the oldest, you must have had one of the longest careers of anyone still active. My hat is off to you!
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Hey Louie, you don't look 65 for sure! I heard you play at Ronnie's in Hot Springs this past June. if you ain't caught up with Tommy, you are dogone close! Image
are you gonna play at Ronnie's this Oct Louie? I noticed he's got you scheduled to play.
Terry

------------------
84 SKH Emmons Legrand D10
session 400'rd Steelin for my Lord.

Red Kilby

Post by Red Kilby »

What about Ralph Mooney, he is going to be 75 years young this year, and still plays just like he did in the 50's and 60's.

I know, he just did my project with me and I was totally blown away in the studio with this Legend!!!!!

John De Maille

Post by John De Maille »

My longtime friend Jim Hand, who is 92 yrs young. He still plays once a week for the "Old Folks" at the home in Kentucky, where he now lives. He has his 14 string Sierra and Fender amp brought down to conservatory by the staff, where he sings and plays to the delightment of all.