A Warning About Bobbe Seymour

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Paul King

Post by Paul King »

I have always heard Bobbe is the best looking steeler on the planet earth today. I have never met him personally but have visited with him on the phone and through email, he has always been first class and has taken time to answer questions. Bobbe has the knowledge and experience and has a music store in Nashville where he also does session work. He has played on some major hit songs and the Bobbe's Tips he puts out weekly are great. My goal is somewhere to meet him in person and thank him for helping me. He is outspoken and has his own beliefs and I sure do not hold that against him. He has that right according to our Constitution. He will be in Tyler, Texas this month and I would love to go watch him play. Oh yeah, I hear he plays with no effects, just from the steel to the amp.
Pat Burns

Post by Pat Burns »

..from a few years back..
<SMALL>Robert K. Seymour' (do you know what "K" stands for?)------</SMALL>
---------------------------------------------

...Kenny?
...Kitty?
...Kermit?
...Ka-Bob?
...Ka-Boom?
...Klondike?
...Kamanawanaleia?
...KamaSutra?
..."Keyhole"?
...Kipperlips?
...Kissyface?
..."Kazoo"?
...Klam?
...Krabby?
...Kurly?
...Kracker?
...Kryptonite?
...Knobshine?
...Knucklehead?
...Knowitall?
...Knarly?
...Kingfish?
...Koolhand?
..."Killer"?

...Keep on Keepin' On, Bobbe..one of a Kind..

(and I agree, Paul, Bobbe is good lookin' on the telephone..)

Hook Moore

Post by Hook Moore »

:)

------------------
HookMoore.com
Last edited by Hook Moore on 1 Aug 2011 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Allan Thompson

Post by Allan Thompson »

Could the "K" stand for Knowsallabousteels ?
Gary Preston

Post by Gary Preston »

Bobbe has been very nice to me and when i asked him if he would come to my ''Gospel Steel Guitar Show '' back in January he said i will be there and at no cost to you . What a great guy . God bless you Bobbe . Regards,,,Gary .
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Chippy Wood

Post by Chippy Wood »

I met Bobbe in Ireland or the first time last year and what impressed me the most was that he made me feel right at home in the conversation and treated me like I'd known him all my life.He 'listened' when I spoke as if I was important.

------------------
Ron (Chippy) Wood
Emmons D10

RON PRESTON

Post by RON PRESTON »

I LOVED talking to him just about everyday and Taking ORDERS (His) from him on the phone at Emmons. Yea, He's a SCREAM Image
SOMEDAY, I'll get that BIGSBY for ya, Mr Bobbe "CounterForce THIS" the III Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by RON PRESTON on 09 June 2004 at 03:48 PM.]</p></FONT>
Kim Tidrow

Post by Kim Tidrow »

Bobbe,
You better be careful! You'll ruin your "bad" reputation.
Your Buddy, Kim
Ed Byerly

Post by Ed Byerly »

Bobbe is the REAL DEAL! Very professional & a Class Act!
Bill Erb

Post by Bill Erb »

I have to add a comment about Bobbe. I ordered the C6th starter video that Bobbe just came out with. Threw no fault of his the tape case was broken in shipment. I e-mailed Bobbe and he said no problem there was another tape on the way. I received the tape today in perfect condition. You cannot beat that kind of service. I would recommend that everyone deal with Bobbe. I have also bought some steel guitars from Bobbe and never had any problems. Bobbe always came threw. We are lucky to have Bobbe to deal with.

------------------
BILL ERB

Stuart Basore

Post by Stuart Basore »

Hey now, I've known Bobbe since Hitler was a corporal and we share many memories. He has always treated me with respect and I appreciate his knowledge of music and of our favorite instrument. He Will make a profit, but you have to realize that he is in business to make a living. He won't gouge you, but you will have to pay for merchandise from his store. Aside from that, ask him about pecan pie. Good luck Sey!!!! your old buddy, Stu. Image
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

I have never met Bobbe in person, but I hope to someday. I enjoy doing business with him and Dan on the phone; I hope you never change Bobbe.
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Hey Bobbe, how about Pecan Pie? Image
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

You guys are just way too nice, Stu Basore and I met in the U.S. Air Force in the late 50's while stationed in Gene Autry Oklahoma. Stu was in communications and I was on C-130 A/C. We both loved steel guitar and had no doubts what we'd be doing after the service debt was paid.
We were the greatest of friends as we are today and I must publicly give Stu Basore the credit he deserves for getting me to Nashville in the late sixties, giving me great advice, giving me his recording session overflow, and recommending me to many many producers. He gave my career in Nashville a tremendous jump start to which I am eternally greatful. A better friend,I couldn't have asked for.
I feel Stu Basore is one of the most underated steel players in the professional steel playing business today. His accomplishments know no bounds. A great player doesn't even start to discribe this mans abilities.
Now, for the rest of you great guys that have said such great things about me, I only hope I can live up to the wonderful things you all have said, and will continue to do my best to help new players and old friends alike.
You are all to kind.
Bobbe Seymour
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Kenny K., Pecan pie? In the '50's, Stu and I used to meet nightly in Ardmore Okla. at a drive-in resturant that had the best fresh,locally picked pecans for their homemade pies in the world. I don't think we'll ever forget those days. Listening to Shot, Buddy, Walter Hains, Jimmy Day, Ben Keith, Bud Isaacs, Joe Vincent and Jimmy Crawford backing up the recording stars on the juke box in the corner.
Now , ask Stu about his imaculate '52 Hudson Hornet! What a car! Made my '50 mercury look like a wreck, which it wasn't.
bobbe
Richard Cooper

Post by Richard Cooper »

Bobbe is just a great steel player and person.
I love talking steel to one of the masters.

Richard Cooper
Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

i have to put my 2 cents in yes bob is a wonderful person i always buy my things from him except one time about the peavey story and he know what that was, but i still got a peavey from "him" and now that im a proud owner of a perfect emmons legrande ive always wanted for yrs, dont think ill be buying anymore guitars, great guy
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Hey wait up..I just saw this and want to add
my comments.

Bobbe has always treated me fair and more than that showed me he is my friend.

A Great Player and a fine guy.

Best to you Bobbe.
edited for spelling,I learned the hard way to spell from Bobbe Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 19 June 2004 at 09:43 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

The Lord knows that I love ALL youse guys!
Bobbe :)
Dustin Elmer

Post by Dustin Elmer »

I met Bobbe in 2006 when I went into his shop for some CD's and books and little things. We talked for hours about everything from steel guitars to motorcycles, and we snapped a couple pictures. He's a world class picker, a class act, and one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I'm proud to have met him!
Dusty Elmer
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Bobbe is also an Admiral in the Jamestown N.Y. Naval Squadron. Seriously, the man is an institution (or belongs in an institution, I forgot which). Steel Guitar Nashville is a MUST visit when in Nashville. That's because of Bobbe Seymour. He has given his life to steel guitar.
Wally Taylor

Post by Wally Taylor »

Well, I was gonna say something real nice about Bobbe, but I think everyone has already said it all. So, I will simply say that I agree wholeheartly with all the good things expressed here.
Thanks Mr. Seymour, for everything!
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Thanks for the warning !

t
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Ken Byng

Post by Ken Byng »

Wayne Morgan wrote:Gary, I have a different view of Mr. Seymore, He is ten feet tall, does walk on water, and if you look closley, theres a little shinny halo above his head. I've been to his shop and I felt like I had wings.
I also saw him in chattanooga and wanted a couple of Sho~Bud T-shirts, which he was peddling for $15 each, and he discounted me two for $40. What a nice guy

Wayne
Wayne
Bobbe gave me an even better discount on the Sho-Bud T-shirts. I was lucky enough to get them at 4 for $100 from him instead of his normal $15 each. Take my tip - always bulk buy from Bobbe. He will look after you. Bet you're jealous now. :lol: :lol:
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Infinity SD10 (4+5) Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,