A Warning About Bobbe Seymour

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Gary Watkins

A Warning About Bobbe Seymour

Post by Gary Watkins »

My job (sales), keeps me on the road all week long. This morning (6-5-04), I was headed home and I was in Nashville. I stopped to see Mr. Seymour at about 9:35 am. He wasn't open yet, so I was talking to another customer who was waiting out front with two Emmons guitars. In a few minutes another man comes up to me and introduces himself as Bobbe Seymour. I want to tell you right now, Mr. Seymour is NOT ten feet tall and he does NOT walk on water! He is one of us "regular" people.
I just bought a used steel and I was needing a few things and I had some questions that all newbie's want to ask the "seasoned" players. Mr. Seymour spent over an hour with me and answered every question that I had. He treated me like I was going to spend thousands of dollars, even though he knew I only need a few things.
I just want to let everyone know that Mr. Bobbe Seymour is NOT someone that will "High Hat" you! He will gladly help you out and answer any question(s) that you have. It will be on down the road, but when I get "good" enough, my next "BIG BOY TOY" will come from Mr. Bobbe Seymour!
Mr. Seymour, Thank You Very Much!

Gary Watkins

------------------
<SMALL>Steel players finger better!</SMALL>
Joey Ace

Post by Joey Ace »

moved to Steel Players . . .
Tom Callahan

Post by Tom Callahan »

Well that may be true but I have two grandaughters who still talk about the big "Nashville Star" they met one saturday.
Bobbe, I think, knows that not every big gun player started at the top and he knows all the pitfalls and mistakes we will ever make. A guy like that makes one heck of a good guide.

------------------
T.C.
Emmons S-10
Rayline SD-10 (#46)

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tom Callahan on 05 June 2004 at 06:14 PM.]</p></FONT>
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

He Also Likes Fried Chicken Too. SONNY.

------------------
Cody Johnson

Post by Cody Johnson »

Bobbe Seymour is one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I thought I had a huge sarcastic personality til I met him, but that's when I found out that my personality was just normal. I've heard somewhere that he can play pretty good thumb style on the steel too. Image Bobbe is one guy that has every credential needed and more to be in the steel hall of fame. I suppose I'm finished kissing up now.
Wayne Morgan

Post by Wayne Morgan »

Gary, I have a different view of Mr. Seymore, He is ten feet tall, does walk on water, and if you look closley, theres a little shinny halo above his head. I've been to his shop and I felt like I had wings.
I also saw him in chattanooga and wanted a couple of Sho~Bud T-shirts, which he was peddling for $15 each, and he discounted me two for $40. What a nice guy

Wayne
Hal Higgins

Post by Hal Higgins »

Bobbe.....is "top shelf" for sure. Always has been a very personable and very likeable man......and a friend of friends to the steel guitar community.....very reputable in his business.....always going the extra mile to help someone whether a first time customer or a repeat. Bobbe is SGN. Keep up the great work.....man. HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
'85 Emmons LeGrande D-10,(8 & 6) Hilton Vol. Pedal, BJS Birthstone bar, Rack w/Evans Pre-amp, Lexicon MPX100; (2)1501-4 BW's in custom built cabs by T.A. Gibson, & a Peavey DPC 1000 Power Amp.

Allan Thompson

Post by Allan Thompson »

Yes there`s only one Bobbe Seymour. Great player and a great man.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

when I first come to Nashville in 1998 I didn`t have money to buy nothing in Bobbe`s store but i loved to hang around and listen other players.I was never pushed to buy anything from Bobbe and I was never kicked out of the store.Only thing he did, he gived me I don`t even know how many CD`s and introduced me to everybody (even to Mr.Lloyd Green).I don`t have nothing else to say to that man but a big thank you.Thank you Mr.Seymour.
Damir
Eric West

Post by Eric West »

Well, he just sold another Hilton Volume Pedal.

I'm sure whatever he gouges me for it, I'll make back by downloading his CDs from Kazaa and selling them to my relatives again this year. I give them a discount of course...

Great guy, GREAT PLAYER.

Thanks Bobbe.

EJL

George Kimery

Post by George Kimery »

Bobbe, this is good stuff. Better save these for your eulogy. "Great Man, "Great Steel Player" would look pretty good chisled in stone.
Joey Gaskins

Post by Joey Gaskins »

All I can say for Bobbe is What a guy!!!!!
When my wife was taking chemo every so often I'd get an email asking how she was, and when I got to meet him in person at the Kannapolis jam, the first thing he asked was how's Carol and is she here? To me there is none better.
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

All's I can say about Bobbe Seymour is...BOBBE SEYMOUR!?!?!?!?!
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Stephen: May I add to that ??

BOBBE SEYMOUR: A Friend to Steel Guitar !!

Regards, Paul Image Image Image
Leon Roberts

Post by Leon Roberts »

Bobbe and I had our differences on his old forum. It was nothing real nasty or condescending, just honest a difference of opinion. At the Choo Choo show, I ask Doug Jernigan to introduce me to Bobbe. This was an experience I will remember for a long time. Bobbe was very gracious and found out that I would be in Nashville the following week and invited me out to his place of business. Doug and I went there and I can finally say that I’ve been to Steel Guitar Nashville. While at Steel Guitar Nashville, Doug sat down at the newest D-10 GFI in Bobbe’s store. I can assure you that Doug sounded just like he always does, excellent. I might mention that Doug had to tweak the tunings to suit his ear. This proved my point that I was debating with Bobbe on his old forum. A top Professional will sound good on any top of the line guitar. I don’t however, subscribe that they will sound good on a 2X4 with bailing wire stretched across it as some other guys do. There has to be more precise engineering in it than that.
Leon
Wayne Cox

Post by Wayne Cox »

Can I think of something negative to say about Bobbe Seymore...of course I can Image but it still wouldn't change the fact that he is an extremely talented nice guy who has a heart that is bigger than he cares to show. Bobbe has been a treasured friend for many years and I am quite proud of that fact!
It doesn't surprise me that others are finding out what a good person he is. Image
~~W.C.~~
Tommy Butler

Post by Tommy Butler »

Bobbe,
God Love You Man. Thanks for giving me a job when I came to town. I would have never made it if hadn't been for the good income. Between playing & working for you I did OK. Thanks for all you exposed me to. I truly learned alot.
Love ya Man !
KENNY KRUPNICK

Post by KENNY KRUPNICK »

Bobbe has a heart big as the outdoors. Image Image Image
Frank Estes

Post by Frank Estes »

Yeap, gotta watch out for Bobbe or he might change your playing, for good! Image

------------------
Frank Estes - 1978 Emmons D-10 8+7 #2441D

Mike Richardson

Post by Mike Richardson »

I was introduced to Bobbe by Marsha Fogles,now Marsha Mick.I bought my firt steel from Bobbe and since then he and I have bought and sold each other guitars.Everytime I deal with him I come away knowing a little more about the steel guitar and to sit in his shop and listen to him play is worth the trip from Georgia.

Mike Richardson
1993 Emmons Lagrande ll D-10
2004 Emmons Lagrande ll SD-10
Kurt Graber

Post by Kurt Graber »

Bobbe treated me right the first time I walked in his store over 15 years ago. Since then, I have purchased 3 steels from him (all over the telephone) and every sale has been a no BS deal. It's great that I can call him up, tell him what I want and he makes the deal happen. He sells a clean good guitar and he treats you fairly. Hey, I'll give a plug to him, he deserves it!!
Gary Sill

Post by Gary Sill »

Bobbe is a great person who knows the truth about steel guitars. Ask him what's what about steel, he'll tell you, and you know someday you will find out, "you know that was right what he said".

He will treat you very very fairly and give you his attention to help you. Give him a try and order a new Promat, he'll tell you and I will say it because I played it,,,its good!!!! and Bobbe has it. Thanks Bobbe
Mike Perlowin

Post by Mike Perlowin »

A few years ago, due to a rather complicated deal set up by Lynn Owsley involved a quad stringmaster I found, Bobbe would up owing me $500, and he sent me a check immediately.

Ya gotta watch out for people like that.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

He is a walikng authority based on his 50 years of experience. Some people resent him for it. He absolutely knows steel guitar construction. Love him or not he will always tell you whats on his mind and, I appreciate that immensely. There's only one Bobbe Seymour and when he ever leaves they'll be a big void left in the steel community. He has helped MANY people.
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Thanx to b0b, the forum and its links i found Bobbee and SGN
i ordered via the net my first real honest to goodness pro psg - a shobud professional from SGN and don't regret it.
i have had the chance since then to communicate w: Bobbee and order a few thangs from him- all i can say is Bobbee is more than alright in my book.
i know that someday, i shall make the pilgrimage, walk into his shop and give him a big bear hug
you go Bobbee Image