Help, Help

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Francis Chamberlain

Help, Help

Post by Francis Chamberlain »

I lost a web-site that I used a lot and am unable to recover it. I had to reformat my computer, so it's history. Hopefully some one knows the site I'm talking about. There was information about all the artists and song titles. You could type in a song title or the name of the artist and get information about either. Biography and in most cases a picture of the artist and by putting in the song title you would get all the artists that recorded that song.
John Pelz

Post by John Pelz »

Francis Chamberlain

Post by Francis Chamberlain »

Hey, Thanks a million John, that's it.
Walter Stettner

Post by Walter Stettner »

Wow - I didn't know about that website, too! Just added it to my favorites!

Thanks so much, guys!

Kind Regards, Walter
www.austriansteelguitar.at.tf

------------------
John Pelz

Post by John Pelz »

Yep, it's a great website, for more mainstream stuff, at least. I've recently noticed that they sure don't have much of Jerry Byrd's later discography (according to AMG, his career ostensibly ended in the 1960s!), and the entries for some of the more obscure Western Swing stuff-- probably not obscure to us at the SG Forum, but perhaps to the general public-- are on the lean side. I suppose it's a very tall order to make a music-info website that's everything to everybody, though, and it's a great site nonetheless. (For the record, given my mostly glowing review of AMG, I am in no way affiliated nor employed by the same!) Image
Cory Jensen

Post by Cory Jensen »

They have a link in each artists section where you can submit updates if you notice any missing or wrong information.

I'm not sure if they actually follow through and update based on suggestions, but the opportunity is there.

And it is a great site, I find myself using it multiple times a day.