Where are we pickin this weekend?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Nick Reed

Where are we pickin this weekend?

Post by Nick Reed »

My ole pal Wayne Paden (aka: Asleep at the Steel) from "The Bullseye Band" will be playing at the "Silver Pony" in Phoenix Friday & Saturday night Feb 6&7. That boy can really wear-out his ZumSteel!

*COME SEE THE BULLSEYE BAND*
February 6 & 7 , 2004 - Silver Pony - Phoenix, Arizona
620 West Dobbins Road, Phoenix
7th Ave. & Dobbins Rd.
Just Two Blocks South Of Baseline On 7th Ave.
602-268-9902
Call For Directions & Show Times

-------------------------------------------

If you're gonna be in the Nashville area this weekend my band "Country Junction" will be at The Iron Horse Saloon in Hopkinsville, KY Friday Night 8:30pm to 12:30am, then at Flea Country in Springfield, TN Saturday Night 7pm till 10pm. Rusty Danmyer's Band, "The Broken Spoke Review" follows us until 2am. COLD BEER & GOOD LIVE COUNTRY MUSIC ALL NIGHT LONG! I'll either be playing my Lashley LeGrande III or my '71 P/P. Also I'll get to crank up that Webb 614-E Amp, lookin forward to it, ya'll come see us.

Nick

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Nick Reed on 03 February 2004 at 08:14 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Roller

Post by Jerry Roller »

Friday night 7:00 PM til about 10:30 PM I will be playing Dobro along with Jerry Newberry on steel at The Good Ol' Boys Show in Barling, Ar. Sat. noon til 4:00 PM at the Farmington Fire Dept. in Farmington, AR.
Sat. 5:00 PM til 5:30 PM at the Baptist Camp Grounds in Siloam Springs, Ar for the NEOSGA
jam which features several steelers from the area. I have to play early and leave to play the Little O' Opry in downtown West Fork, Ar. 7:00 PM til about 11:00 PM.
John Bechtel

Post by John Bechtel »

I'll be playing at home again this week-end, but; I don't mind, because; I'm preparing for the N.T.S.G.A. April 6th. Super Jam where I will be playing my Fender T-8 Custom on a set with ‘The Greats’ Don Helms, Billy Robinson and Howard White for a full non-pedal set! I'm really looking forward to this one!

------------------
“Big John” Bechtel
http://community.webtv.net/KeoniNui/BigJohnBechtels

Gord Cole

Post by Gord Cole »

The MSA and I will be carryin'-on with Max Woolaver and The Digby Ravens (folk/rock) at Lisa's Café-245 Carlaw ( park and enter back door). Friday 6th , 6:30-9:30 pm. Here in T.O. It won't be pretty but it sure beats shovellin' snow! Image
Cheers!--Gord
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

I am at Pucketts in North Charlotte Fri night. This is always a fun one for me as I will be on Steel maybe 80% of the gig. Sonny Falls out of Charlotte will be on Tele .

And although I'm not supposed to be happy..our keyboard player is off this weekend so it will be just Sonny and I on primary Instruments.. Image

t
Jerry Hayes

Post by Jerry Hayes »

I'll be resuming the Hardee's 2004 World Tour tommorrow (Thursday) night at the Chesapeake, Va. location from 7 to 9 with the Legends Band and then Friday night I'll be on steel with the Trailblazers at the Woodmen of the World Hall in Hampton, Va. from 8 to 11. Nothing on Saturday this week but that's OK as I'll be able to go see some of the other musicians in the area....Have a good 'un..JH

------------------
Livin' in the Past and the Future with a 12 string Mooney Universal tuning.

Joe Alterio

Post by Joe Alterio »

I'll be playing pedal steel this Friday night (in fact, every Friday night) with the Drunken Deacons. We play here in Indy from about 8-10 at the Melody Inn at 38th & Illinois. Kind of rockabilly/alt-country....complete with two-piece drum kit, stand-up bass, lead guitar, rhythm guitar, steel and female lead.

Joe
Terry Gann

Post by Terry Gann »

Friday night in beautiful downtown Kansas City, Kansas at the 1005 Osage Bar, a haven for Harley riders and an area known for the finest in Mexican food. Ah, the Osage Bar… and "exclusive" nightspot where clientel are asked to show their face thru the window before being "buzzed in" the front door. My group, The Tripods, will be there playing what we call "rock for grownups" but I doubt any will be there. I am excited about some new psg tunes in the list: Tiny Dancer (Elton John) and my first attempt at instrumental versions of Sleepwalk and (The Beach Boy's ) In My Room. They should bring a tear to the eye, one way or another!

------------------
TerryGannAOneManBand
Pete Burak

Post by Pete Burak »

I am still doing the "Patsy Cline - A Closer Walk With Thee" show, here in Portland.
It runs through March 6th, and has been very successful!
They have sold out the remaining shows, and this past week they have added Tues, and Wed, night shows, and Saturday matinees, to the remaining 5 weeks!
I am enjoying this gig very much! http://www.sylvias.net/Now.html <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Pete Burak on 04 February 2004 at 08:09 AM.]</p></FONT>
Reggie Duncan

Post by Reggie Duncan »

Playing at www.countryvillage.com Friday night this week. Saturday is free for a change.
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Sat. morning 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM @ Robert's on Broadway in Nashville, Sat. night 8:00 to 1:30 in Old Hickory, Tn. at a place that used to be called Miss Kitty's. Sunday at the Northwest Ga. Steel Guitar Show. Monday and Tuesday I'll recuperate.

Mike
John Cadeau

Post by John Cadeau »

A recording studio.
John
Billy Wilson

Post by Billy Wilson »

at Kimball's Carnival in downtown Oakland Ca with Andrew Carrier and the Cajun All Stars at 3pm Sunday
Herb Steiner

Post by Herb Steiner »

Thursday 5-7pm @ Saxon Pub w/James Hand, Pete Mitchell, B.B. Morse and Wooz;

Thursday 9-1am @ Ginny's Little Longhorn w James/Pete/BB/Wooz;

Friday 7:30-10:30 @ Dorsett's 221 Truck Stop with James/Pete/BB/Wooz;

Saturday nighttime dance @ San Antonio Rodeo with Johnny Bush and the Bandoleros.

BTW, thanks to all the Forumites who attended last Friday's gig with Pauline Reese in Waco, and at the Saturday gig with Jack Greene and Cal Smith in Weatherford. I didn't get all y'all's names but I'm nevertheless glad to have seen ya's! Image

------------------
Herb's Steel Guitar Pages
Texas Steel Guitar Association

MALCOLM KIRBY

Post by MALCOLM KIRBY »

2/7/4 AM: Studio
2/7/4 PM: Eagles Hopkinsville,KY 8-12
2/8/4 AM: Pritchetts Chapel Madisonville, KY
2 services 8:30 & 10:30

Nick, At the Iron Horse gig, make sure to leave your right rear leg a little loose on your steel - it might come in handy. Image
Glenn Suchan

Post by Glenn Suchan »

Friday, Feb. 6th we're in Stillwater, OK at Tumbleweeds Dancehall. Saturday, Feb. 7th we're in Tulsa, OK at Bob's-Cain's Ballroom.

Keep on pickin'!
Glenn
www.kevinfowler.com
James Morehead

Post by James Morehead »

Little "D" Jamboree, Durant Oklahoma for down home country music. Image
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Silver Dollar CC. Saturday and Swiss Fairways CC Sunday. both have 8:15 Tee times. I can guaranty I'll be playing somewhere next weekend also. Image

------------------
@^@

Bob I. Williams

Post by Bob I. Williams »

sat. we're at desert shadows R.V. park 7:00-10:00, Sun. Rock Springs Az. 4:30- 8:30
John Floyd

Post by John Floyd »

Sorry Myron
But these guys are Legends in a small pond.
If I was near H-town Ky, I would definitely check out Malcolm Kirby, Now there's some picking worth listening too.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by John Floyd on 05 February 2004 at 08:28 AM.]</p></FONT>
Charlie Wallace

Post by Charlie Wallace »

Playing with the Bastard Sons of Johnny Cash.
Friday 9pm @ Henflings near Santa Cruz, CA
Saturday 9pm @ 12 Galaxies, San Francisco
Sunday am - live radio show @11:30am on kpig.com.

Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

The B&B Ballroom. A genuine Texas beer joint. Fri. and Sat. with The High Stakes Band . Traditional country music at its best. FM1774 between Magnolia and Plantersville. Jody.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jody Sanders on 05 February 2004 at 08:57 PM.]</p></FONT>
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

2/8,in Douglasville,(Atlanta) Ga. to help raise money for the Shriner's Hospital. There's gonna be some GREAT "NashVegas" Image pickers there,starting at 10:00 a.m.,& goin' all day.
Click below,to see what's happenin',& who's gonna be there.
http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum4/HTML/005685.html
------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>

<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Smiley Roberts on 06 February 2004 at 03:00 AM.]</p></FONT>
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Sat night at O'Leary's Irish pub in PenYan NY.... Hundred bucks a man... ho hum..... Mostly guitar these days.. the steel sits there and shines nice tho'