Steel Players In Alabama?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Harold Parris

Steel Players In Alabama?

Post by Harold Parris »

How many steel players do we have in Alabama? I would like to organize a few things in the future for us and neighboring state steel players to have a chance to get together occasionally and have a hoot! If you are in this area and would like to contact me, my email address is on my signature of the post. All musicians in this area, steel players or not may contact me. Maybe we can organize a Jam.

I am located in the Northeastern part of Alabama. It is just food for thought at this point but it will be nice if we can get something going.

------------------
Sierra Session and MSA Classic Guitars, Nashville 400, Session 400, and Evans FET 500 HiVolt, and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amps, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Digital Sustain Box .
Harold Parris email hparris9@aol.com

bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

Harlod, I'm in Scottsboro, North east Alabama. My Son Jeremy also plays.
Tommy Oliver

Post by Tommy Oliver »

Harold I think that is a great idea,I am in Muscle Shoals in northwest Al. (email) oliv9502@bellsouth.net
Barney Y. Miller

Post by Barney Y. Miller »

Hey Harold,
Anything positive for steel players around in this area or yours is just great. I can remember when country music was a lot better than it is now so we all need to make an effort any way possible to get country music back on the right track.
We are about 2 hours away from your area, let us know about your next jam and we will make it over there. 770-787-5927
Frank Estes

Post by Frank Estes »

Huntsville!

------------------
Frank Estes - 1978 Emmons D-10 8+7 #2441D

Russ Holder

Post by Russ Holder »

In Huntsville, AL

Hey Frank, are you still playing with Mike Kalil and at your church?
Frank Estes

Post by Frank Estes »

No and Yes. Actually, have been working (day job) out of town every week since June!
Larry Miller

Post by Larry Miller »

Anybody remember Frankie Lowery and the Peppermint Lounge?
Harold Parris

Post by Harold Parris »

It is certainly good to hear from all you picker from Alabama and surrounding areas. I am thinking up a way we can all get together and pick a little. I am open to any suggestions you might have. There are a half dozen or so player here in Etowah and Calhoun Counties. I am sure you guys from Huntsville know my long time friend Barry Hunter from Gadsden. He is a picking fool. I realize it will probably take a while to get up a jam but it would be good to have one. There is enough talent around we could get up a pretty good one too. There are a lot of players in this area I've never had the opportunity to hear and I'm sure I've been missing a lot of good picking. Let me know of any suggestions.

------------------
Sierra Session and MSA Classic Guitars, Nashville 400, Session 400, and Evans FET 500 HiVolt, and Gretsch Nashville Pro Steel Amps, Keith Hilton Digital Sustain pedal and Digital Sustain Box .
Harold Parris email hparris9@aol.com