To Skandinavian forumites...

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Pete Finney

To Skandinavian forumites...

Post by Pete Finney »

I'm getting ready to come over from Nashville to do shows in Norway and Sweden and would love to meet any forumites who might be at the shows. I'll be playing two festivals as one of "Billy Block's Western Beat Allstars"; we'll be backing up Jim Lauderdale, Danni Leigh, Heather Myles, Monte Warden and Stonewall Jackson at various times... The first one is July 25-26th in Seljord, Norway and the second one is at Furuvik in Gavle, Sweden on August 1-2... So let me know if you're going to be at either show and let's at least say hi...

thanks,
Pete

Uwe Haegg

Post by Uwe Haegg »

Danni Leigh is coming to Denmark 8 August -
to perform at a country festival, will you also be there?
Dave Van Allen

Post by Dave Van Allen »

Hey Pete! Sounds like a blast... good luck and have fun in the high lattitudes..

sorry I didn't get to say more than "hi Pete" at Carter Barron- that place is like a prison when the staff want to go home...
Tony LaCroix

Post by Tony LaCroix »

No steel player, but...

I also will be travelling to Sweden, the UK, and Holland at the end of this month to play guitar for songwiters Pat Mears and Micky Kemp. We're doing a festival in Sweden on the 1st and 2nd of August- no details yet. Pete, I wonder if we'll bump into each other?
Anders Brundell

Post by Anders Brundell »

Hi Pete!
I´ll sure be there, as usual. Furuvik is a mighty fine amusement park, and the annual country festival there is sort of a big regional country family reunion. Hard core country music enthusiasts from the whole Scandinavia come there every 1:st weekend in august to listen and meet friends.
You´re gonna play thru my Session 500 there, BTW. I´ve just fixed a strange feedback in the spring reverb pan - I put some foam plastic around it, and the feedback was gone.

See you!
Anders
Ulf Edlund

Post by Ulf Edlund »

There's a small but still chance i'll be in Furuvik. I'm getting married in August, and i have a few gigs too, so i might be a bit busy, but if the Swedish summer heat hasn't finished me off i might be there.

Cheers Image
Uffe
Peter Ivansson

Post by Peter Ivansson »

Hello Peter!
I'll be there weekend,se you there wellcome
to Sweden.
Uffe Anders vi syns där kul med en bra steel guitarist det förhöjer ju hela stämningen.Peter
Steinar Gregertsen

Post by Steinar Gregertsen »

I wish I could have made it to Seljord, but unfortunately I'm busy with another festival at that time.
Anders Brundell

Post by Anders Brundell »

Ulf + Peter:
Kom till Furuvik, vettja! Det är verkligen årets höjdare - även för en nygift och hårdsatsande (ursäkta vitsen!) fellow picker.
Hadegött!

Anders i Falun
Bosse Engzell

Post by Bosse Engzell »

Hi Peter,
I will not showed up, out and gigging and to the rest, ha de bra
Bosse in Sweden
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Peter and Anders (and maybe Tony), I'll look forward to meeting you... and no Uwe, I won't be in Denmark with Danni, though I'd go if she asked!

Pete
Stefan Orsberg

Post by Stefan Orsberg »

Pete! I´ll be playing in Furuvik late Friday night with my band Slide Bar. Would very much like to meet with you and have a little chat.

I´m sure you will have a great time in Sweden and looking forward meeting you.

Regards!
Stefan
Hans Holzherr

Post by Hans Holzherr »

Pete - you didn't, perchance, mix up Sweden and Switzerland....? Image
Pete Finney

Post by Pete Finney »

Nope, Hans, I didn't! We are coming back in late September to do a festival in Switzerland; I believe on that one we will back up my old "Foster and Lloyd" bandmate Radney Foster, as well as Jim Lauderdale and maybe one or two others... you may know more about that than I do...
Hans Holzherr

Post by Hans Holzherr »

Now, that's good news, Pete. I don't see the festival you mentioned listed on the main country music website in Switzerland http://www.country-music.ch/html/home.htm but will visit again later.
Bosse Engzell

Post by Bosse Engzell »

I/we (Welldings) maybe be playing as guest at Country Creem's show on Friday between 05.00 - 07.00 a.m. If we can make it we will do a few songs. So I be glad to see your all.