The Siloam Springs Steel Guitar Show

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Keith Hilton

The Siloam Springs Steel Guitar Show

Post by Keith Hilton »

Just returned from playing on the Siloam Springs Steel Guitar Show. Thanks to Roger and all the staff of this great Show for being so nice to us. The new location is simply fabulous! We had the pleasure of having rooms for the night next to some old friends, Joe Wright, Buck Grantham, Louie Halford, and Tom Brumley. A special thanks to Tom Brumley, and his wife, for giving us the box of "Krispy Cream" Donuts in the morning! Always enjoy listening to my old friends play, Jerry Roller, Jerry Newberry, Bob Dell,Ray Qualls,Ronnie Neighbors, Tom Brumley,Joe Wright and so many other great players. Also glad Buck Grantham give me back my shoe he hid from me. When I finished playing I noticed only one shoe by my pack a seat. Looked everywhere, then I noticed Buck laughing, he had hid my other shoe. It is so wonderful to be with so many friends and hear such great music. I espeically liked the playing and singing of Jimmy Dreadfulwater and his brother. Way to go Jimmy! My wife and I really liked your version of, "Lookin For Love!"
ray qualls

Post by ray qualls »

Keith, The Siloam Springs show was "Awesome". Next year I'm going to ask Roger to let me play at 6:30 in the morning. Just so I won't have to follow you again! haha. You played "Great" and it was good to see you and all of our friends again. You're one fine steel player, My Friend!

------------------
Ray Qualls

Louie Hallford

Post by Louie Hallford »

Great friendly atmosphere and fellowship. Roger and the all NEOSGA people did a super job.If you want to enjoy good steel guitar music and feel that you are at a family reunion go to Siloam.

I loved the old location and thought it could not be beat,but the move to the new location was an outstanding choice and improvement IMHO.
Mac Bellingrath

Post by Mac Bellingrath »

Keith, good to meet you and play with you. You sounded great. Roger and friends have put together a fine event in the Siloam Springs show. Look forward to seeing you soon.

------------------
LEFTY 2002 Pedalmaster D-10 8x5, Supro lap 8-string strung lefty, Nashville 400, Rabro strung lefty, Fender resonator converted to lap-style lefty by Resophonic Outfitters
jackie l harmon

Post by jackie l harmon »

I really enjoyed the show and the nice people.I would like to thank Buck,Joe ,Wayne and Louie for asking me to play bass gutiar for them ,I had a ball.I also would like to thank Tom Brumley for asking me to sing Together Again what a treat and a honor.
Louie for asking me to play bass gutiar.
jackie l harmon

Post by jackie l harmon »

Sorry I forgot to mention Keith Hilton for asking me to play also.Thanks to all of you.
RMckee

Post by RMckee »

I would also like to express my appreciation for a great show. Thanks to Roger, Donley, Virgil, and the gang for being so friendly. They always make me feel welcome.

Thanks to Jerry Newberry for everything.... Thanks for getting me started on the steel guitar years ago, thanks for all the encouragement, all the licks, setting my amp, tweaking my guitars, and thanks for letting me pick with you. Also, thanks for the many friends I have been privileged to make just because I know you. I would have never met any of these members of the steel community without you.

Thanks to the Right Rev. Smith for everything. Thanks for letting me pick with you.

Thanks to Jerry Roller for letting me pick with you. I always enjoy hearing you play.

I didn't get a good chance to make friends with the left-handed guitar picker, but I will. Was he good or what? I thought I was standing next to Django Reinhardt.

Thanks to Jackie Harmon for all the kind words. Does he have a set of pipes in him or what? What a powerful voice.

I really enjoyed all the playing I was able to hear. Louie, Buck, and all the rest. I still want Tom Brumley to cut loose on some old Brumley hymns.... I grew up playing in church, in fact the majority of my playing has been in church, and if it were not for Albert E. Brumley, our hymnal would have been about one-half as thick as it is.

Thanks to all who had kind words concerning my picking efforts. Everyone was so kind and supportive. The back-up band was so easy to pick with.

I had a ball and I think that everyone else that came did as well.

Randy McKee
Bill Myrick

Post by Bill Myrick »

It was a great weekend !! For the life of me Keith, I don't know why the women don't fall all over you when you use that volume pedal !!! I had a choice elm switch set aside in case you needed it. I was also thankful to lay an ugly rumor about me to rest ---This thing about me not being good enough to carry Brumley's guitar is over, Huh Mitzi ?? - Image
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Bill, didn't I hear you telling Buck that using my pedal made you feel sophisticated? Like you Bill,someone also told me I couldn't carry Tom Brumley's guitar,so I wound up carrying his pact-a-seat!
Mac Bellingrath

Post by Mac Bellingrath »

Randy --

Thanks for your nice comment on my lefty playing. I think you must be the fellow who played the guitar similar to a Strat on Jerry Roller's Saturday set, and later on Austin Stewart and Jerry Newberry's set. If so, I was just proud to be your rhythm man! Sorry we didn't get a chance to visit -- too many great musicians to listen to and accompany. At any rate, you've given me the best press I've ever had and I do appreciate it.

It was a great show. What a treat to play along with so many great steel players!

Many thanks to all involved from your new lefty string-along.

Mac