re Peavey Quality Service

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ronald Riddle

re Peavey Quality Service

Post by Ronald Riddle »

I want to say that I had sent a piece of Peavey equipment that I use in processing my finished sound.And I was fortunate enough to get it repaired and back to me in aprox 8 days.
I will say that Mr Mike Brown stayed with my equipment as it was being repaired to the end and that undoubtably helped for the expidited service.
I would like to thank Mike Brown for his
help with my senerio and also thank the Tech.
that performed the service .

Ron Riddle
Tommy Detamore

Post by Tommy Detamore »

The Peavey folks are just the best, from Hartley himself all the way down to the people that answer the phone. I have written Hartley several letters over the years regarding various topics, and in each case I have received, personal, detailed, and thoughtful responses. No form letters or obligatory rhetoric whatsoever. All throughout my long association with them every person there that I have dealt with-Hollis Calvert, Len McCrea, Tammy Rose, Michelle Downey, and Mike Brown- have been caring and conscientious professionals. The steel guitar community is fortunate to have Peavey in their corner. You may like their equipment, or you may not. But you have to recognize and appreciate their attitude and committment, as well as their continued presence here on this forum.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tommy Detamore on 27 October 2002 at 09:40 PM.]</p></FONT>
B Bailey Brown

Post by B Bailey Brown »

I’ll have to echo what my friend Tommy Detamore said with kind of a funny story…well, at least to me it was! Years ago I needed something for one of my old Session 400’s (I know it was years ago because I haven’t owned one for at least 10 years!). I was sitting around on a Saturday afternoon and I picked up the phone about 4 PM and called Peavey, thinking, “Heck, it’s Saturday and I probably won’t even get an answer…” After about 4 rings some guy picks up the phone and says “Peavey Electronics”. I told him who I was, and explained what I needed. He asked a couple of questions and said, “Hey, no problem and I’ll make sure that gets out to you Monday morning.” I said, “Thanks, and by the way who am I speaking to?”…

He said, “This is Hartley Peavey, and thank you so much for using our equipment.” I almost fell out of my chair! Since then I have spoken to, or emailed Mike Brown, on several occasions when I needed something and the service has been nothing short of wonderful. I guess that is one reason I have been a Peavey “user” for almost 30 years. Hey, they not only make good equipment…they are just real good folks to deal with.

B. Bailey Brown
<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by B Bailey Brown on 27 October 2002 at 07:36 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jerry Wright

Post by Jerry Wright »

Not to often do I have any problems with any of my Peavey Equipment--But when I do I ship it to Peavey and it is fixed and tuned and everything is check and shipped back to me at a very speedy time. You Guy's keep up the good work down there in Mississippi

------------------
www.secondgen.com

Doyle Weigold

Post by Doyle Weigold »

I've seen Mike Brown's email address but don't currently have it. Could you post it, please?
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Here it is:

mbrown@peavey.com

bill
Doyle Weigold

Post by Doyle Weigold »

Thanks Bill, I'm thinkin' real serious about sending my Nashville 400 in and have them do that trick thing they do on them. I don't relly know how to pack it. Doyle
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Thanks for the support!