My New Fulawka; in Memory of the "Blue Darlin"

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Pete Mitchell

Post by Pete Mitchell »

Worked a gig last night with Ricky and his new Blue Darlin.' I'm here to tell you the guitar sounds just as good as it looks. What a fat, woody tone! I would imagine that ol' Rick is still a grinnin' from ear to ear. Can't say as I blame him. I'm sure she'll take care of him for a loooooong time.
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

WEll Pete; coming from someone that always has the most ultimate greatest tone.....that is a high compliment and I'm flattered and Eddy Fulawka is flattered......thanks.
Oh and Pete; your playin' your a$$ off as usual....thanks for playin'.
Thanks Andy.....I'll enjoy all the blue songs....ah....ha.
Ricky
Graham

Post by Graham »

Little Brother:
You're right!! Eddy is as proud of that guitar as you are!! Pat and I were up at his place for the week-end to help celebrate his 74th birthday and him and Irene's 50th wedding anniversary. He was showing everybody that came in the pics you put up on your website!! (All 150 guests!! HA!)
Didn't take my steel but took my Martin and played rythym with the group of players who put on the music. Seems like all that was missing was you sitting alongside Bob Lucier! Your place was capably filled by Ollie Strong, another fine Canadian steeler, who also has a Fulawka on order. He was the fella who tested out both yours and Archies guitars for Eddy when they were finished. I'll tell ya the story about him and Bob Lucier sometime, when Bob was just starting out on the steel.
Am off to the trailer again for holidays, so catch ya later!

------------------
Rebel™
ICQ 614585

http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html

Paul Evans

Post by Paul Evans »

Hi Ricky
It is so nice hearing all the responses on your new Steel. I did not get up to Eddies this weekend but I called to wish Eddie & Irene a great weekend and he told me about your post so I went in to see and look at your site. Pretty nice I must say. Your site looks great and I will add you to our links page. Playing a Fulawka is an expearance all on its own.. Enjoy...

------------------
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Paul; so nice of you to drop in ....and you nailed it when you said:
<SMALL>Playing a Fulawka is an experience all on its own</SMALL>
Graham.....that is so cool you visited Ed on his B'day.....I do wish I could have been there....he is such a great guy to be around......all that energy for 74 is a tribute to living the life you want to...
I know Eddy is proud of the Twin "Blue Darlin's"....as we are and my gosh.....this baby is sounding a playing better than I ever imagined in my life.
When Archie gets back from his vacation...and I get back from France...in a couple of weeks.....Archie and I are going to sit down and video tape the twin Fulawka's playing "The Waltz you saved for Me".....in Harmony......and we will put it up on the site.....and then Eddy can see and hear us playing his masterpieces for himself.....
I was gunna play for him over the phone....but thought I would save that for this more unique situation for him to see and hear.....but someone has to be there to tell me about the smile on his face> gotta have it.... Image
Ricky
Joerg Hennig

Post by Joerg Hennig »

"The Waltz You Saved For Me"? Wow, Ricky, that´s one of my favorite tunes! I´m looking forward to hear it! Image
All the best, Joe
chas smith

Post by chas smith »

Awesome, dude!!