Re Ron Elliot

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ronald Riddle

Re Ron Elliot

Post by Ronald Riddle »

Ron Elliot
Sent you e mail from forum but came back fatal error.Would like to talk to Ron.
Have him e mail me please.

Ron Riddle
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

Everytime I see a mention of Ron Elliot I check it out. Here is a player who is overlooked when people mention the greats.When others talk about the Deemans den good ole days I would like to here some mention of a few miles up the road a place called Camel country.Ron when he wasn't on the road (Jack Greene)held forth there. a most underated player out of the spotlight now.

------------------
CJC

Ronald Riddle

Post by Ronald Riddle »

Ron Elliot is one of the steel players that has been indeed overlooked as an artist.

Roin Riddle
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Speaking of being overlooked,,,many years ago
Carl Smith recorded a song titled,,,

I overlooked an Orchid while searching for a rose,,,the orchard that I overlooked was you. And it goes on....great song with much meaning.

Those of you who have started and posted re Ron Elliot have my vote,,,he without a doubt is one of the finest Steel Players I have ever heard,,and these ears of mine have heard them all.

Ron may not be visible on this Forum,,but his music tells the story of how great he really is. Image He's a dynamite steel player.

Ron has my vote for being one of the GREATS.
I wished I were Invisible and played as well as Ron Elliot. DYNAMITE..and then some.
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

Joe Casey writes,

"Here is a player who is overlooked when people mention the greats."

You are sooo correct Joe. He has a touch that is mighty pleasing to the ear. And often does some of those most beautiful phrasing one could want to hear on our beloved instrument.

I once heard him end a song using his unusual 4th pedal where he resolves to a full A6th (open tuning) on the stage at StLouis and left the crowd in a daze as to just exactly what he had done. Even Bobby Caldwell had chills I suspect.

He is indeed one fantastic and great player. And his playing is exceeded only by his wit. He tears me up often Image Image Image

God bless Ron Elliot and all of you,

carl
Frank Parish

Post by Frank Parish »

Ron plays right down the street from where I play every Saturday night but our hours conflict and I can never go and see him. I've got one of his albums and he's most definitely one of the good ones.
Joe Blount

Post by Joe Blount »

Here is a good one on Ron Elliot, afew years back at St.Louis, Ron was on the Line up to Play that Day. I was going around from booth to booth looking at differ products. and i found the numbering system to some of Ron's songs on one of the counters. thinking they were free i took them. not knowing this was his program for the day. Until he got up to play and announced he had misplaced his program,,Boy, Here i had took them by mistake
All i can say Ron, I'm sorry. But being the Musician he is he did the show in fine fashion
and you would never knew he didn't have the
songs scored.
Bill Ford

Post by Bill Ford »

I met Ron at Knoxville several times,always cordial(sp),a gentleman and a pleasure to be around.The one thing I like is the way he always ends his part of the show honoring the flag and playing the national anthem,the man is one "SUPERFINE" picker.
Stoney sure knew how to pick great pickers for his show!!!!!!!

Bill Ford

------------------
Tommy Alexander

Post by Tommy Alexander »

RON ELLIOTT: A Man's, Man- A steel players, steel player, always cordial and a fun guy to be around, what a guy. Ok Ron, I'm doing my best to get you to come out of hiding. Leslie, wake the ole' man up and tell him that we want to hear from him once in a while, he still has some friends out here.

------------------