God, just let me play my guitar

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Knight

God, just let me play my guitar

Post by John Knight »

I get so wrapped up in the business aspect that the vaction of getting to play is such a relief. For my band, I manage the players (baby setting is more like it), book the jobs, play accountant to get the players paid, schedule practice times and studio time(a new project, I hope to have a CD out by summer). I just wish I could fall into a situation where, you want me where, when? with guitar and amp in tow. With so much stuff to think about its hard to shelve it and be creative. Any methods out there to help out the creative side of playing. No drugs and alchol is not an option here. Well maybe a little drink to relax me.

------------------
D 10 Thomas with 8&6
Nashville 400 and Profex II
Asleep at the Steel
Ken Lang

Post by Ken Lang »

Having been a bandleader for much of my life, I found myself thinking the same thing, and when it happened it became boring very quickly. Not having much input or say in the direction the band went or even the tunes played made me feel slighted somehow; took the ego down a notch or two I guess.

It was fun and less work, no question, but not what I had thought it would be.

I'd say keep the hassle and the hustle and bustle. That old saying is true. If you want something done, give it to a busy man.
Jerry Wright

Post by Jerry Wright »

John, Some people are born to be leaders and the rest of them is to "BUG" him to death.Until someone else steps up with a better plan---Well---It's YOU !

------------------
www.secgen.net