accident June of 65,I was supposed to have
been with them. I play a msa classic ss
msa U12 session 400 and fender deville'
It gets lonesome for steelers ithese parts

------------------
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Charles:
Welcome aboard! We need all the Baptist preachers we can find. You'll love the Forum. I've played steel guitar just about as long as you and have always felt kind of lonesome. But the Forum brings us all together as one big family. There is also a Christian Steel Guitar Message Board that should appeal to you. I used to do all kinds of music but for the last several years, I've limited my playing to gospel music. I love to give praises to our Lord on an instrument of 10 strings!(as it tells us to do in the Psalms).
Your Baptist steeling fellow Forumite.
Erv
Jason Odd

Post by Jason Odd »

Hiya Charles, welcome to the forum where it's practically all steel players, some bassists, various guitar pickers and some fan types like myself.
Jerry Wright

Post by Jerry Wright »

Welcome Charles,
I also am a Baptist Preacher and play Steel in a Southern Gospel Group here in Alabama.I am 55 Yrs.Old and still trying to learn this thing call a Steel.This New Year,s Eve I will be playing Gospel for 29 Yrs.Started out on a old Stella Flattop.
Then learn to play Bass for a few years.
You will find out that you will meet some of the best people in the WORLD on this Forum.
All kind of help here.
Again, Welcome and God Bless !

------------------
www.secgen.net

Bill C. Buntin

Post by Bill C. Buntin »

Hey all you Clergymen. I'm glad you identified yourself. Now if I need an answer to an "Ecclisiastical question" I'll know who to contact. Welcome. And where is the Christian Steel Players' message board located. Thanks in advance. Best Regards.
Leigh Howell

Post by Leigh Howell »

Welcome to the forum Charles. I dont play steel, but being a singer, I sure do appreciate all the times they have enhanced my singing!! Good to have you with us!

Leigh Image
Charles Beshears

Post by Charles Beshears »

Thanks for the response!
man I have heard from a lot of pickers
on e-mail. This is just great.
God bless steel players. Charles Beshears
MSA Classic SS and love it.
Jim Whitaker

Post by Jim Whitaker »

It's great to have you aboard!! I'm new myself but these members make you feel more than welcome. Good luck & keep pedalin'

JIM MSA S10 LTD 400 real old stuff<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jim Whitaker on 28 December 2001 at 07:59 PM.]</p></FONT>
Charles Beshears

Hi Jerry,do you know my friend clayton
martin in leads.a fantastic flattop picker.
Preachers can play steel!
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Welcome to this great Forum Charles.
i'm no preacher, but i play some Gospel to remind myself, and others, that while livin' in a material world, there's plenty of room for the Soul.
does me a world of good and saves $$$ on a psychiatrist.... Image
RON PRESTON

Post by RON PRESTON »

Welcome, Charles, and my I say that there is no other place in the world that we can go and get answers to music, spirtuality, politics, or anything else you might want to know. This place is my mental haven. God bless you. Click on my glasses, and give me a "SHOUT" sometime. I would love to get to know you. I always need a PREACHER to give me the guidance that I need every once in a while. Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by RON PRESTON on 29 December 2001 at 04:43 AM.]</p></FONT>
Charles Beshears

Hi crowbar, are you really in france?
My ancesters came from france 1630.
Avigaon?) Spelling was Braseiur.
Thanks for responding.
Charles Beshears
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

I highly recommend another steel guitar web site to all you Forumites that might be interested. It is http://pub14.ezboard.com/bpedalsteelguitar
This is the web site for the Christian Steel Guitar Message Board. It is quite similiar to the Steel Guitar Forum only more spiritually focused. I think by the last count there are only 174 members so they could use your participation. It costs nothing to join and would be a great blessing to you.
Erv
Jerry Wright

Post by Jerry Wright »

Charles,the name sounds familier(Clayton Martin)Might know him if I see him.

------------------
www.secgen.net

Joseph Barcus

Post by Joseph Barcus »

welcome from west virgina if you work at the weather channel they call it the ohio valley or western virgina dang where do they get all there smarts from lol joe
Bryan Knox

Post by Bryan Knox »

Charles,
Welcome from the big city of Gardendale!. I am a professional auctioneer and a licensed Church of God minister. I noticed there was a note in this thread from Jerry out in Leeds. Watch out for this guy Image He is a friend / customer of mine! (he comes to one of my auto auctions) I am a new convert to pedal steel from acoustic rythym guitar and electric lead. I am supposed to start my first lesson next Thursday and I can't wait. It's great to see you join the forum. I love Leesburg. My wife and I spent a night at "The Secret" bed and breakfast and enjoyed it very much. I also know a Church of God of Prophecy pastor in Leesburg named Andy Washburn, very nice guy, his mother goes to church with us.
As I begin to learn, you will probably see me making more regular posts as I will surely have a ton of questions from you guys that have worn out a few strings!
Regards,
Bryan
Charles Beshears

Hi.Bro.Brian. Good to hear from you.
when your coming thru Leesburg stop in and
see me, my steel is always set up waiting.
we live on hwy 411 from gadsden 3 mile
before leesburg.Slackland Baptist churh
Pastorium. right on hwy. Used to teach
pedal steel. be glad to help any way
i can. Charles