The Best of Ray Price Venture,Att.B.Seymour

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Ron Whitworth

Post by Ron Whitworth »

Hi Bobbe;
What a GREAT idea!!!..And using original instruments too-WOW!!!.Looks as if you can get everybody rounded up(the original pickers) you will just have to do more than just one CD..Why not just do a "box set" of 3 or 4 CD's of all Ray Price recordings..
Then later on maybe remove the vocals & sell them as rhythm tracks..I know i would love to have something like this to keep me busy for a long time..Think about it Bobbe...Ron
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

It's all great bbbut who is going to do the Steel? Image Image Image

------------------
CJC

Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Joe Casey, This is so funny! I told Gene O'neal I was going to do an album one time, he said GREAT!, who are you going to get to play steel on it? Your just as funny as he was, And I appreciate you greatly Joe!

Bobbe
Steve Kritz

Post by Steve Kritz »

The responce to this project is wonderful,a variety of songs,great format,"The Great One"doing the steel work,now Bobbe lets come up with an album title that says it all.I'll run mine up the Forum flag pole;"Fanning The Flame"A Tribute To Ray Price.
Joe Casey

Post by Joe Casey »

How about "Priceless"

------------------
CJC

Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Joe; I think your post is priceless !! I wish I had said it !! Image Image Image

Regards, Paul<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Paul Graupp on 02 November 2001 at 11:24 PM.]</p></FONT>
Travis Bolding

Post by Travis Bolding »

Bobbe,
I'd really like to hear you do "Healing Hands of Time"
~~ Travis
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

While we're on a play of words and titles etc; it may be noteworthy that Ray Price and Blondie Calderone once made a Salsa called, what else: BURNING MEMORIES !

Regards, Paul Image Image Image
Ray Montee

Post by Ray Montee »

Great tune suggestion..Paul. I was going to make that my contribution but you beat me to it.
Hey Bobbe....when the Ray Price group was here in Oregon a gajillion years back,(late '60's) Leon Rhodes, BIG Red and Little Red were playing twin fiddles......and Leon searched me out and invited me to continue the tour with them ending up eventually in Nashville. Their steel player had a family member become ill and had to return to Nashville.
Was that you by chance or have you ever been out here to the left coast?
Bill Plemmons

Post by Bill Plemmons »

Bobbe, with your playing and any of these songs it will be great. The only thing I need to know is when can we get it!

Bill
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

The album,CD, will be called "Price-less".
I have the studio lined up, players are being hired, the tunes are being selected, thanks to you guys, and cutting(an old term) will begin in three weeks. I am still open to suggestions on more material.Boy, talk about a forum driven project! You guys are great! It will be on the Gold Star Label, unless some great major has a better idea?
Bobbe Seymour
Craig Allen

Post by Craig Allen »

Damn Bobbe, let ME do the vocals!!!!!!!!!!!
With a call list like that , I would have an orgasm, and a heart-attack all at the same time..................

oooh, ooh, pick me, pick me............
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

What vocals?
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

<SMALL> The album, CD. will be called "Price-less". </SMALL>
YES !!

And as I'm writing this Bobbe is playing on Live 365, Silver Wings and Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain. The listing simply says Artist but my heart tells me it's Bobbe !! I know that sound. If only I could play like that.......Who said lessons ?? Image

Best Regards, Paul Image Image
Paul Graupp

Post by Paul Graupp »

Double Post after the page change. Sorry b0b.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Paul Graupp on 07 November 2001 at 02:07 PM.]</p></FONT>
Tele

Post by Tele »

Hey that's great. I think this should also be available through the Forum catalogue...as a Forum driven project...I need at least 2~3 copies!!

Andy
Bobbe Seymour

Post by Bobbe Seymour »

Your heart told you correctly Paul!
Your buddy,
Bobbe
Allen

Post by Allen »

Bobbe,
Multi-disc set sounds in order. Count me in for at least three copies.
Great Idea. Great music. What more could one want.........

------------------
Allen Harry
Mullen D-10, 8 & 6
Nashville 1000

Doug Seymour

Post by Doug Seymour »

I wanna play on the album, too. I taught Bobbe everything I knew!, and it took about
2 min & then he went to Texas or Tennessee &
figured out how to do it his own way! I'm on a limited income now so you fellows & gals are going to have to keep him in business now! Sell them Hendersonville TN steels, Bobbe!
I'll play outside the studio in the hall!<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 08 November 2001 at 11:22 AM.]</p></FONT><FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 08 November 2001 at 11:23 AM.]</p></FONT>
Bob Carlson

Post by Bob Carlson »

C Allen,
It sounds like what you're saying Is, you would't know If you were coming or going.

The devil made me say that!

Uff Da! I'm not even going to sign dis.
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

NO VOCALS PLEASE BOBBE, anyone even trying to do DA MAN'S material would somehow be Sub-standard. No offense to anyone, just my opinion !!

------------------
"Let's go STEEL something"
If it feels good, do it. If it feels COUNTRY, do it twice
jpp

Jimmy Youngblood

Post by Jimmy Youngblood »

<html>
"Walk me to the door"!

I'll hex you if you leave this one out! Image
<center>
Image</center>
</html>

Bob Carlson

Post by Bob Carlson »

Jimmy,
Just a week or so ago I asked If anyone had a CD with that song on It. Do you happen to know. If you do, let me know the record Co and number. I want to by It.

The first time I heard that song, I said that sure sounds like Ray Price, but It couldn't be with that string section. Before It was over I knew It was Ray, but I was sure befudled by them violins.

Conway wrote the song and after hearing Ray sing It, he left rock and roll and went country.

Bob Carlson