Kodak Z7590

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Dennis Yager

Kodak Z7590

Post by Dennis Yager »

This is a nice digital SLR camera I recently purchased...but when AF is on, and you video a clip with individual talk and with low/or no background noise, then played back on PC device, AF comes thru in the sound like somebody winding up old clock inside the camera when reviewing video and sound thru PC as camera continuous adjust focus...what good is Auto Focus if you have to turn it off to video. Kodak recommends to turn off AF to make quiet while shooting..taking still photo(s) doesn't make any difference but I can actually hear this going on continuous when camera is close to my ear while using the camera in video or still/auto. (No manuel focus)Does anybody have this problem with this camera or other, comments are appreciated, thanks....
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I've had a 7590 for over a year. It takes nice still pictures but I've only used the video just to try and didn't notice any problems setting it the way Kodak says. Most newer digital cameras have the "movie" mode but if I wanted a movie camera I would buy one.