Memory

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Bill Beall

Memory

Post by Bill Beall »

Can someone out there help me??? I'm running Windows XP Home on my computer. I only have 256 MB of RAM so needless to say it is slow. My motherobard will take up to 512MB. My problem is that I can't find a 512MB or 2 256MB sticks of 100/133 SD RAM anywhere. Does anyone have two 256's that they are not using that they would be willing to sell for less than an arm and a leg and the soul of my first-born?

Bill
Jon Bergh

Post by Jon Bergh »

bill-
i just sent you an email
-jon
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Go to www.crucial.com They have a memory selector - you enter your PC brand and model and it lists available memory for it.
Chuck Hall

Post by Chuck Hall »

Go to www.pricewatch.com
click on system memory they have plenty of PC100/133.
Hope this helps.

------------------
EMCI D10 8/4 and Nashville 400

Al Braun

Post by Al Braun »

Unless you already have your memory, I have two sticks of 256 PC133 SDRAM each. You are welcome to them if you reimburse me for shipping which can't be more than a couple bucks.
Al Braun
Jim Phelps

Post by Jim Phelps »

There you go Bill, you can't beat a deal like that.

If anyone else has 256 meg ram or more that they'd make a good deal on, my wife and I are stuck with only 128 megs here, and to be frank we're having tough times and can't afford to buy any at even crucial.com prices, and in Mexico it's 2-3 times as much in the stores if you can find it. All our work is on our computer so if anyone has any ram for cheap, please let us know. Thanks.