Mixed music formats on CD

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Joe Delaronde

Mixed music formats on CD

Post by Joe Delaronde »

I'm burning BIAB Style files to CD for my friend to pick and choose at his leasure time. They will be converted from Biab to wave then to MP3 files and burnt directly to the CD.

I wish to also store the Biab format styles on the same CD in a seperate folder to simply save searching for the style in the Biab directory later.

The Question is:
When the Mp3 player reads the CD, will it skip the BIAB folder & play the MP3 files?

The BIAB files are in a seperate folder and I know they cannot be read by the MP3 player.

Thanks
Joe
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Since MP3 files can be written to a CD, just like "data", the MP3 player should only see the MP3 files and play them.

At least that is my experience.
Joe Delaronde

Post by Joe Delaronde »

OK, I got 137 MP3 files onto the CD with Roxio 7. No problem.

How can I print the long list showing the track #s & song title. It's too long for the label liner. Anyway I can simply print it out?
Thanks
Joe
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

What you need is a utility that will print out the contents of a folder (directory). There are programs around that will do that, although I don't have any info on them. Do a search on google and I'm sure you will come up with something. Or, go to www.zdnet.com and check out their download section.
Frank Lombard

Post by Frank Lombard »

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp for a great directory printout utility

------------------
Dobro D-60, 1953 Supro