Lost all my tunes

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

MIKEHOLLAND

Lost all my tunes

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

Last monday I came home from work to find my shared folder and kazaa both gone. Even when I go to start to do a file search the file search will not even come up. Windows 2000 xp. Kazaa I can take or leave,but I hate to lose my shared folder. On a scale of 1 to 10 my computer literacy is 1 and 7/ fifths. Any help on restoring this would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance Mike Holland.
Peter Timaratz

Post by Peter Timaratz »

I don't now of any free way to recover lost data. Your chances of recovering the data are greatly increased by not using the computer until you recover the files. The following site will give you a trial program that tells you what files it can recover and then you can decide if it's worth paying for. http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
Good luck!
Lloyd Karenke

Post by Lloyd Karenke »

Did you try going to RESTORE and go back a week or two? Restore to a previous date...it may bring back the files you had at that time.
Lloyd
MIKEHOLLAND

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

Yes Ive tried several different dates but all Ive tried, Windows says it cannot restore.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by MIKEHOLLAND on 22 January 2004 at 03:38 PM.]</p></FONT>
Bobby Lee
Site Admin

Post by Bobby Lee »

What caused the folders to disappear? Any clue?
Earnest Bovine

Post by Earnest Bovine »

Look at the bright side. With no evidence, you have plausible deniability should you become a defendant in a copyright infringement case.
MIKEHOLLAND

Post by MIKEHOLLAND »

Bob, thanks for your concern ,but I don't have a clue. We have recently switched our home page from yahoo to netscape, and my wife has started downloading pictures with her new digital camera but I can't see were either would have a bearing on my shared folder.
Jim Palenscar

Post by Jim Palenscar »

You might consider doing a computer-wide search for .mp3 files (Start-Search- Pictures,Music,or Video- Music- *.mp3). The *.mp3 (that you have to type in) will find all .mp3 files on your computer and tell you where they are. Perhaps the folder has been renamed or hidden for some reason. Good luck.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Have you tried checking with the feds? They might have it... Image