New Software for transferring Vinyl to CD

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Jeff Strouse

New Software for transferring Vinyl to CD

Post by Jeff Strouse »

I just found this:
http://www.sonystyle.com/electronics/prd.jsp?pid=12313

This topic comes up occasionally, so this software may be of help. It's called "Sony EZ Audio Transfer and Restoration Kit." It supposedly will work for cassette tapes, as well.

I haven't got it myself yet, but am seriously considering it. Does anyone know if it's avialable at a more discounted price?

Thanks!
Gary Pederson

Post by Gary Pederson »

You might want to check out Rip Vinyl at www.wieser.clara.net/ripvinyl/orderinfo.htm
I've haven't used it yet & don't know how it compares with Sony other then price. Its only $7.00 to register. It was highly recommended on another forum.

Gary
Karlis Abolins

Post by Karlis Abolins »

I have been using Diamondcut 32 and a special phone preamp that plugs into my sound card to capture my old vinyl. It is an excellant program with lots of options for getting a clean sound with minimal pops and no rumble. I use Nero burning ROM to burn my processed recordings.
http://www.tracertek.com/diamond1.htm

Karlis Abolins
Karlis Abolins

Post by Karlis Abolins »

I meant phono preamp. It is a little unite that the turmtable plugs into and which then plugs into the line in jack on the computer sound card. It is an exceptional preamp which is rated as better than most of the phono preamps built into receivers. The results are well worth it.

Karlis Abolins
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

I'm interested in the preamp, can you give details or a link to some info?
Jeff Strouse

Post by Jeff Strouse »

My turntable (an Aiwa) has a built in pre-amp. So I guess I'll be able to plug that straight into the soundcard. I like the idea of the Sony EZ kit, because it seems more user friendly. I checked out the RIP Vinyl program, but it looks like you need another program to clean up the cuts. The Diamond program is a little out of my price range, although it looks excellent.

Murphy's Law always gets me with computers Image, so I'm tyring to avoid the possible headaches of using 2-3 different software programs (and getting them to communicate with each other Image ). If this one product will do it all, it might be worth it for the ease in accomplishing the task... <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jeff Strouse on 01 June 2002 at 10:48 AM.]</p></FONT>
Karlis Abolins

Post by Karlis Abolins »

The preamp I bought from tracertek is not offered any more. It may still be available in Europe. Tracertek is now offering a Techlink preamp which should be equivalent.
http://www.tracertek.com/techlink.htm

Karlis Abolins
Doyle Huff

Post by Doyle Huff »

Jim Smith, if you know how to solder or know some one who can, there is a phono preamp kit. Go to www.plilmore.com/kits.htm.
I bought and assembled one yesterday and it seems to work well. I esimate the kit and the phono plugs etc. would probably run around $25.
Doyle
Doyle Huff

Post by Doyle Huff »

Jim and Cairo. Sorry about being so dumn. Philmore was spelled wrong but the url would not work. Type in LKG Industries, there you will find Philmore. Philmore has been around for years. Again, sorry about that.
Doyle
Scott Howard

Post by Scott Howard »

I ordered one and it works good for the recording and seperating but I am having problems getting it to burn a CD.
I used the burner program I already had and dragged the songs over and burned the new CD.
Keep in mind this is the first burner I have had so I am new to all this.I am also computer STUPID.But I have managed to transfer a tape to a CD.
I am sure it is something I am doing and I will figure it out when I have some time to work on it.