New Napster Clones/Practice Tools

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Bill Nauman

New Napster Clones/Practice Tools

Post by Bill Nauman »

I found two that work great,in fact much better than Napster ever was. www.audiogalaxy.com and www.musiccity.com (Morpheus) both of which have the resumable download function...which means that unfinished files will eventually finish.
I have been collecting karaoke tracks to play steel or sing to lately and suggest this to all players to practice to..some of these tracks are killers,especially the big band type. All you do is search for Karaoke ..type it in the search box and get the spelling right...and whammo...tracks galore for the right price...FREE! No excuses guys...you now have the tracks to play to and improve your playing...get to it!
I record them on track one of a four track cassette recorder(TasCam) and then delete the full size Mp3 file...as not to overload my puter..then i add my steel to track two and so on.. Bill in Vegas
Adam

Post by Adam »

winmx in conjunction with trippymx work even better than the two that you just mentioned.
Steve Benzian

Post by Steve Benzian »

You might want to try KaZaA....it is like Napster but better. Very easy to use and quite a few users so there are quite a few songs available....also can use for software and videos.
http://www.kazaa.com/

Bill Rowlett

Post by Bill Rowlett »

I've been using LimeWire. It is a Genutella Java app and works well for me.
Bill Nauman

Post by Bill Nauman »

The trick to finding tracks is to spell karaoke right! amazing what comes up..Bill in Vegas