editing software

The machines we love to hate

Moderator: Wiz Feinberg

Marty Pollard

editing software

Post by Marty Pollard »

Anybody know of freeware/shareware editing tools I can get for my audio clips?
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Try goldwave. it does quite a bit. It's shareware but if you decide to buy it, the price is relatively cheap for what it does.

http://www.goldwave.com
Larry Kunkel

Post by Larry Kunkel »

I've used one called "Cool Edit". Works well, is easy to use.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I checked out Cool Edit, but they want $399 for it. GoldWave is about $40 (US). One of the things I wanted was pitch transposing. GoldWave will take an entire wav clip (or song) and transpose it (down to as little as 1 cent).
Marty Pollard

Post by Marty Pollard »

Thanks for the info, everybody!
Robert Parent

Post by Robert Parent »

Cool Edit 96 is a shareware program which aloows basic editing functions. Register the software and you will receive a code to unlock multiple features. I used the program for a time before purchasing Sound Forge. It's a nice program IMHO.

I just visited the Cool Edit web site and see that it is being replace with Cool Edit 2000 for about $70.00 or $30.00 if you are a registered user of Cool Edit 96.

Cool Edit Pro allows for multitrack editing and recording. The cost is several hundred dollars but is much more than what you are asking to do.

Check out: www.syntrillium.com/cooledit/index.html
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

while we're on the subject, can someone tell a computer stupid cheapskate what i should use to make soundbites from my cd through my cd rom to put samples on my website.
thanx,
mr. stupid
RickRichtmyer

Post by RickRichtmyer »

Chris,

I highly recommend MusicMatch. You can download a trial copy that will let you convert about three or four songs so you can see how well it works. If you like it, you pay $29.95 for an unlock key to make it fully functional. Once you pay the fee, you get free updates forever. I'm satisfied with it.

------------------
Rick Richtmyer
users.erols.com/rickrichtmyer