Need advice quick/ Height of Hilton pedal?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Terry Sneed

Need advice quick/ Height of Hilton pedal?

Post by Terry Sneed »

I had in mind getting a Goodrich LDR vol pedal, but I was just told by Ann at Carter that they didn't recommend the LDR for people 5' 11" or taller. I'm 5' 11". I've been using the Goodrich L 120, so I'm use to that height. What about the Hilton, is it any lower than the Goodrich LDR, or is it similar in height to the Goodrich L 120?
I need to order one tomorrow, and I want a potless pedal if I can find one the right height.
Bob Tuttle

Post by Bob Tuttle »

You can get a Hilton pedal in the low profile model. It's probably as low as any pedal out there. I really like mine.
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Bob, is the Hilton ME-262-B the low profile model?

Terry
John Daugherty

Post by John Daugherty »

I copied the info, below, from Hiltons website. That is where you can get info on Hilton products.
------------------------------------------
IS PEDAL HEIGHT IMPORTANT TO YOU?
Our standard ME262-B pedal is 3/8 of an inch lower in height than our competition's standard height pedal. We are now offering an even lower height pedal. Our new L-ME262-B Low Profile pedal is exactly the same height as our competition's lowest height pedal, and moves up and down the same distance. If you are used to a low profile pedal, you can get the exact same height and movement with our "NEW" Low Profile pedal!
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Thanks John.

Terry

------------------
Mullen RP D10 /8x5 / Nashville 112/ American Tele
pickin for Jesus

Michael Haselman

Post by Michael Haselman »

I'm 6'2 and have the regular size Hilton, but I have the 1" pedal rod kit and it works fine. If you're tall and don't have the raisers for the rods, I highly recommend it. Bobbe's got 'em cheap.

------------------
Marrs D-10, Webb 6-14E, Peavey NV112, Hilton volume.

Dennis Casey

Post by Dennis Casey »

I am 6'2" and have been using a Goodrich LDR ever since they first came out. I have a 1" lift kit in my Zum. I love my LDR.

------------------
Dennis Casey, Custom ZUM SD-10 4X6,NV112, Profex II,69 Thinline Tele RI, In the "Woodshed"

Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Well, I talked to Keith Hilton, and he said he also uses the regular size pedal. So I orderd one from Bobbe this morning. Hope I get it soon, I don't have a pedal right now.

Terry
Glyn Bone

Post by Glyn Bone »

Terry, I was using a borrowed Goodrich VP and have just taken delivery of a brand new Hilton STD MB 262B and it IS just a tad lower than the Goodrich...I am a 6` er and use 2" pedal rod extenders on my Carter.....so far I am liking what the Hilton is giving me in control/sound and comfort.
JFYI

Glyndwr

Carter SD10 4x5 ( Black of course Image)
Peavey NV 112 ( also Black)
Hilton MB 262B Vol.Ped<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Glyn Bone on 06 July 2006 at 03:20 PM.]</p></FONT>
Michael Haselman

Post by Michael Haselman »

I bought a used Hilton from an old friend of Keith's up here in Minn. (hope I don't get him in trouble) and the difference is amazing. I don't care how good of pot you have, new, NOS, whatever, there's going to be some tone sucking. I'll never go back to pot pedals, though I carry mine in case of wall wart failure. The nice thing about the Hilton is (I believe) you can just get a generic 12V adapter if one fails.

------------------
Marrs D-10, Webb 6-14E, Peavey NV112, Hilton volume.