Hilton Pedal Cord Problems

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jesse Richter

Hilton Pedal Cord Problems

Post by Jesse Richter »

Hi all, I bought my pedal from steel guitar nashville. When it arrived the plastic part the power cord goes through where it attaches to the pedal was broken. Honestly I didn't feel like eating a bunch of shipping after buying a $269 pedal so I just have been using it as is. I was wondering if many other people have been having this same problem....seems I've read a few others with problems. Maybe some of you that have fixed them could help me out. Also the action on the pedal is a bit stiff...can this be loosened a bit to make the pedal travel a bit easier. Thanks......
John Hawkins

Post by John Hawkins »

Jesse,

Scroll down in the electronics section on the forum to the post by Larry Behm (Hilton Pedal Cord Grip) dated 15 June 06.

That may be of some help to you .

John
Lee Baucum

Post by Lee Baucum »

Jesse Richter

Post by Jesse Richter »

Thanks guys, I read the thread. When I look at my pedal I see the threaded part that the cord runs through into the pedal (the cord grip?) is cracked. Perhaps I can have Keith fix it.....just a little bummed as I didn't even get a chance to break it....somehow it broke in shipping. Well I'll live I 'spose.
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Jesse, thanks for using my volume pedal. I can send you the part to fix the cord connection, or you can send me the pedal and I will fix it. There will be no charge if the pedal is under warranty--less than 90 days old. I will refund your shipping if you are under warranty. Past 90 days, the part cost is $2.00. Labor will be free. Shipping to me will cost you $8.60 cents if you use the post office priority mail flat rate box, with delivery confirmation. Jesse, I will help you solve the problem. Thanks again for using my product.
Calvin Walley

Post by Calvin Walley »

can't beat service like that
i have a Hilton, would not have any other

calvin

------------------
Mullen SD-10 3&5 / nashville 400
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Calvin Walley on 21 June 2006 at 03:20 PM.]</p></FONT>
Jesse Richter

Post by Jesse Richter »

Wow thanks Keith. I think that is really old school service. Kind of a lost art these days.

Keith, I'll be getting in touch with you....probably send the pedal off after my next gig.

Thanks.....Jesse