Nashville 112 Question for 112 Users

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dan Burnham

Nashville 112 Question for 112 Users

Post by Dan Burnham »

I'm curious how many of you players are using a Nashville 112? Can you tell me the pro's and con's about the amp.
Jim Eaton

Post by Jim Eaton »

I have one already, got a 2nd one on order.
IMHO - the best amp from Peavey since the original Session 400.
Pro's - great sounding, easy to carry.
Con's - not a one!
JE:-)>
Dan Sliter

Post by Dan Sliter »

Dan,
This is my option.
I have had one for a little over one year now
And i have used it exclusively.I have Nashville 400s, LTD 400's, Mosvalve rack system,Fender Steel King,
and Evans amps.I have had no problem with the nashville 112 in any way.There is plenty of powder although it is only 80 or 85 watts and the tone is fantastic.I am going to get another one and run two of them.There is a lot of players using them and really like them and than there are some players that perfer other amps.Hope this helps.
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

All pros,NO cons.In fifty years of playing,the best thing I ever bought.
johnopsg

Post by johnopsg »

Greetings...my opinion only...compared to other Peavey amps that steelers have enjoyed playing on...my Nash-112 is considerably lighter at about 40+ lbs.Other Pros: for a 12" spkr, it sounds good, enough lows or bottom, easy to use, spring reverb( i prefer springs/mechanics to digital reverb), but everyone has their own preference; Cons: kind of noisy, but Peavey's I use tend to be a bit noisy...especially when you crank up the highs, or the reverb, or play under flouresent lighting. I play my Nash-112 out twice a week, sounds good no negatives to talk about really.
b0b

Post by b0b »

PLEASE DON'T POST AMPLIFIER TOPICS IN THE PEDAL STEEL SECTION! Image

That's 3 today! Image
Frank Mrus

Post by Frank Mrus »

Hello, Dan,

Regarding the PV N112, I think this amp is a super one with no particular vices or quirks. I sometimes use a Lexicon reverb module but this is mostly for experimentation and the flexibility (number of effects)it allows. Otherwise, I'm very comfortable with the PV on-board reverb.
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

The Nashville 112 is the best amplifier I've used, and it's amazing! Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
Sonny Priddy

Post by Sonny Priddy »

112 all The Way For Me. SONNY.

------------------
Johnny Cox
Location: Williamsom WVA, raised in Nashville TN, Lives in Hallettsville Texas

Post by Johnny Cox »

I have two of them. Love them. I sometimes use my POD XT for delay and verb along with them. Best tone out of Peavey yet. Sounds like tubes to me.

------------------

Johnny Cox
MSA Legend D10/12,
10 string MSA Super Slide. Peavey NV112, PODXT, Walker Seats, John Pearce Strings and Bars, Goodrich Volume Pedals, D2F covers, George L cords and a bunch of other stuff.

Roger Francis

Post by Roger Francis »

PROs- Great amp
CONs- Makes you want more than 1= $$$
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

This is great feedback! It keeps us on the right track. Thanks. However, I suggest that you do not use any amp on the same circuit as florescent lighting. Not much that can be done to eliminate these problems.

Mike Brown
Peavey USA
John Daugherty

Post by John Daugherty »

I still have my old NV400, but haven't used it since I got the NV112. The 112 has worked well for me. I might add that my back is working well now. Image ...JD

------------------
www.home.earthlink.net/~johnd37

Clyde Mattocks

Post by Clyde Mattocks »

Have responded with my cheerleading for this
amp before, but two weeks ago I did a fill in
job and didn't have room for all my usual gear. I usually use a Lexicon digital reverb
in front off the 112. This time I used the internal spring reverb and didn't miss the
Lexicon. Also, I had to play my tele thru
it. Definitely not the Vibrolux I'm used to
but not bad at all. I don't use my Session
400, my Twin or my Evans much anymore.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

After lifting and setting up my '74 MSA D-10 Classic,I don't have strength enough for anything but the 112.Seriously,I have to go with the home town folks;I live just down the road from where they make'um.
seldomfed

Post by seldomfed »

I also play fiddle so rigged an A/B box in the rack to switch my inputs into the NV112. With a preamp for the fiddle I can set a good tone there so don't have to change the steel settings on the amp. Best of both worlds! Really a nice amp. With it mic'd or DI to the board I've never had a problem not having vol. , and we're a 6 piece.

------------------
Chris Kennison
Colorado
www.book-em-danno.com

Michael Haselman

Post by Michael Haselman »

Glad to hear that, Chris. Mine should arrive tomorrow, according to Fedex tracking and I plan to use for fiddle also.

------------------
Marrs D-10, Webb 6-14E

Willis Vanderberg

Post by Willis Vanderberg »

I have seven pedal steels and get a good sound with them all. I only use a Black Box and a DD/3 delay.
You will NEVER get the quality service out of any manufactuer that you will get from Peavey. To have a rep like Mike Brown makes it all worth while. This is another of my biased opinions.
Bud
Charles Davidson

Post by Charles Davidson »

Andy Jones,I also play a 74 D10-MSA Classic,my NV-112 is the perfect mate for it.Since I got the 112,got rid of a session 400,Nashville 400,kept one session 400 ltd keep it at home since getting the 112.Have use it on indoor gigs and outside gigs,beautiful!!!!!