Tube Fex PRE GAIN issue

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Phil Lamprecht

Tube Fex PRE GAIN issue

Post by Phil Lamprecht »

Hello everyone,

I'm having volume issues with my Tube Fex. To start with, I'm unable to "red" clip the Pre Gain. With everything -- including my Hilton pedal -- presumably maxed out, I'm lucky to get the green light to peak even momentarily. I'm running a Nashville 1000 amp.

Any tips you can provide are GREATLY appreciated!

Phil
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

Sounds like the 12AX7 tube is weak. However, do you have both the pregain and postgain turned up to max? If I remember correctly you can assign where that LED is in the circuit.
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

The clip led is assignable! Be sure it is assigned to the input, not some effect down the line. This is done thru global programming.

The preamp tubes are not used on this unit for any Newman or Jeff Peterson settings. The tube preamp is an assignable effect! The Tubefex uses a solid state preamp that is alway in the chain!

Also your input volume, tone settings and output level need to be set globally. Typically, after the unit is re-initialized, they will default at 30 percent for volume in and out and 50 percent for tones. You can't set them if there is a tube assigned to the chain. Move over to a Newman setting and them do the global adjustments.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ken Fox on 28 March 2005 at 01:59 PM.]</p></FONT><font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Ken Fox on 28 March 2005 at 02:01 PM.]</p></FONT>