Peavey Nashville 112 ?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tommy White

Peavey Nashville 112 ?

Post by Tommy White »

Does anyone have any tips on using 2 Nashville 112s? Years ago I would connect 2 Nashville 400s by cable from pre-amp out of amp 1 to power amp in back of amp 2 which enabled the use of just one set of pre-amp controls. Will this configuration work with the Nashville 112s?
TW www.tommywhite.net <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Tommy White on 31 January 2005 at 06:01 AM.]</p></FONT>
Bob Knight

Post by Bob Knight »

Yes Tommy,
That will work great. As you stated, you will control both amps with the controls on the first one.

Regards,
Bob Image
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply.
The reason for asking is this. I was told by someone who had recently tried this set-up that the volume of the second amp was not as loud as the first and they had to adjust the volume control to the max to get sufficient power from both amps.
TW
John Daugherty

Post by John Daugherty »

Tommy,as you probably already know, some players like to hear a different sound from each amp. It makes the stereo effect more noticeable. I know that Jeff sometimes used one "clean" amp and one "effects" amp,and sometimes,a different effect through each amp.....JD
Jeff Lampert

Post by Jeff Lampert »

Tommy, the pre-gain knob of the "control" amp drives the pre-amp input into BOTH amps. HOWEVER, the master-gain knob must be adjusted individually on each amp separately to determine the overall volume coming from each amp. Set the pre-gain knob on the "control" amp to around 2.5-3, then set BOTH master-gain knobs to the same value (between say 5-7). Both amps should be at the same overall volume and together should sound pretty loud. Bass, treble, etc. is all determined by the "control" amp.

------------------
Jeff's Jazz
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

John,
Thanks for your input. Actually, I was aware of that setup but, I am more at home with just one set of controls and having both speaker cabs sounding the same as I've been mono(Webb 614-E) for so long.

Jeff,
Thank you for your help. That seems like the right choice for me!
My best,
TW
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

I would like to hear an opinion from someone at Peavey. Mike Brown, feel free to jump in.
TW www.tommywhite.net
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Hello Tommy,
I apologize for my delay. I tried to post an answer on Friday, but the system would not accept a reply.

Anyway, if you wish to use one set of controls for both amps, simply patch from the PRE AMP OUT jack on the rear panel of the amp that you have your guitar plugged into, to the POWER AMP IN jack on the second amp. This will allow you to control both speakers and both power amps by using the controls on amp #1. The controls on amp #2 will be inoperable.

Take Jeff's advice about the MASTER GAIN CONTROLS as he has been using his Nashvilles for a couple of months now.

Tommy, thank you very much for using the Nashville 112's. I hope that he like them. Anything that I can do to help, simply call me toll free at 1-877-732-8391, ext. 1180.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Mark van Allen

Post by Mark van Allen »

Tommy, I don't know if you're using any effects- but in your experimenting I'd suggest trying something like a Boss RV-3 with the stereo outs feeding both amps separately. Very simple setup and the stereo sound is really sweet. Depending on the micing situation you may be the only one to benefit, but sitting in a stereo puddle can be very inspiring!

------------------
Stop by the Steel Store at: www.markvanallen.com
Jimmie Martin

Post by Jimmie Martin »

i've heard that goodrich has a new pedal out so that you can use 2 amps ldr 2 i think. ask duane dunard. he will tell you.
Ron Elliott

Post by Ron Elliott »

Hey Tommy, check your E-mail. You will notice I was using my wife's computer. Mine is rpesr@bellsouth.net Thanks, Ron
Tommy White

Post by Tommy White »

Mike,
Thanks for weighing in and helping out. I really think the idea of one set of controls for both amps works best for what I'm looking for and it also makes the engineers happy.
Thanks again for everyone's input.
TW
www.tommywhite.net
Lee Bartram

Post by Lee Bartram »

MIke,when hooking the two amps together as you describe can you still use the xlr line out jack to go to a PA or would you just have to put a mic in front of it.wasn't sure if you could use both preamp and line out at the same time?
Cor Muizer Jr

Post by Cor Muizer Jr »

yes Robert and all my other forum brothers
the goodrich LDR2 has two outputs so you can play with both amps.
but what mike said is right if you will control both amps with the knobs from amp#1

and Lee i think you have to use a mic because the pre amp out is already plugged into the poweramp in on amp#2 so the pre amp from this amp#2 is not working

keep on pickin'

cor Image<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Cor Muizer Jr on 01 February 2005 at 01:53 PM.]</p></FONT>
Craig A Davidson

Post by Craig A Davidson »

Tommy do you like the 112's better or the same that your Webbs.
Jeff Lampert

Post by Jeff Lampert »

Lee, you can run the XLR off the back of the amp along with having a cable plugged into the pre-amp out. You then will have 2 Nash 112's going along with a feed into your PA.

------------------
Jeff's Jazz
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

The XLR output on amp #1(the amp that you have your guitar plugged into) would be the one to use the XLR out jack.
Lee Bartram

Post by Lee Bartram »

thanks, Jeff and Mike, I tried the xlr out to my PA but it seems to really have a lot of noise is that normal? I'll probably just mic it anyway, I always thought it sounded better mic'ed than running a line out anyway.
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

The XLR out should not exhibit a lot of noise. Are there additional effects devices in line with your steel? Do you hear this same "noise" through the speaker?
Ronnie Burks

Post by Ronnie Burks »

SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME THIS----SINCE I ONLY HAVE ONE 112 SO FAR CAN I HOOK UP THE 112 AND THE 1000 TOGETHER WITHOUT DOING ANY DAMAGE TO EITHER ONE---I MAY HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER 112 IF THIS WOULDN'T WORK---PROBABLY WILL ANYWAY---I GUESS I HAVE GONE CRAZY THE LAST FEW WEEKS---BOUGHT AN EMMONS LE GRANDE AND A SIERRA TO GIVE MY CARTER A LITTLE COMPANY--PLUS THE 112---BUT I LOVE THEM ALL---RB----
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Hey Ronnie,
Sure, you can use both amps at the same time. Is thiat what you were asking?