Nash 112

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

jerry harkins

Nash 112

Post by jerry harkins »

Thinking of trying one of these.
It seems to have a lot of fans.
I now live up stairs, so weight is one concern.
I currently use an evans and I love it but I need an extra amp anyway.
I wonder if 80 watts is enough output.
I'm no tech, but as good as this amp seems to be maybe if they hopped it up to 100 or 150 watts maybe it would sweep the market.
Just my opinion. Is this little amp as good as they say it is?
Thanks,Jerry.
Jim Peters

Post by Jim Peters »

Jerry, I did a LOT of research on this amp. IMHO, if you play really(extremely) loud, and do a lot of C6, you might be better off with something bigger(and heavier). For my use, at home and maybe smaller club gigs, and all E9, the NV112 is perfect. It is lightweight, sounds great, and is loud as hell! I had a post a few weeks ago, and had almost 90% response to get a 112 over a used NV400, and had many better players than I'll ever be tell me to go with the NV112, It really is a great amp. JimP
Jim Peters

Post by Jim Peters »

Skip Cole

Post by Skip Cole »

Just got one last week, it's a great amp, kicks as hard as any i could ever want, terrific tone and bite. And won't give a gorilla a hernia. :cool

------------------
"I Can Only Imagine"

Walter Hamlin

Post by Walter Hamlin »

Like I said in some of my post, I have used Fenders, Kustoms, Peaveys and I can't think of the rest, but this N112 is about the best amp I have used. I love the tone over my N400 (with a mod in it) and over the Vegas 400s too. I am keeping a bigger amp for outside or large, large areas, but I will use the N112 probably 90% of the time.
Bill Bosler

Post by Bill Bosler »

I've used mine outdoors playing an A6 tuning and the N112 has all the volume you could ever want in an amp and it's clean as a whistle.
Bobby Bowman

Post by Bobby Bowman »

I think it is the best amp on the market today,,,,for any gig, any style of playing. I have three 1000's and I love 'em,,,,I have a very old LTD 400-S with the original 12" Black Widow still in it and I love it. I normally play with two amps and if you only gave me one choice of playing through two amps, it would be the Nashville 112's.
BB

------------------
If you play 'em, play 'em good!
If you build 'em, build 'em good!

Steven Welborn

Post by Steven Welborn »

OK...anybody using the BB with the N112? This has got to be a match made in heaven.

Im putting my Classic 50 212 up for sale to help finance a N112. I never use the Classic 50 cuz my Webb 614E is just as easy if not easier to tote. Seems to me the N112 is an ideal second amp for a Webb owner. Throw in the tube characteristics of a BB and you got it covered.
BTW, does the reverb cut it in N112? Seems Ive heard yes's and no's on that one.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Steven Welborn on 11 October 2004 at 09:44 AM.]</p></FONT>
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Steven,
The Nashville 112's reverb is a 3 spring Accutronics, which is the same one that was in the Nashville 400. fyi.
Daniel Vorp

Post by Daniel Vorp »

Steve that is the exact combination I have, a Webb 6-14E and Peavey 112. The Webb goes to the big rooms and outdoor gigs, the 112 goes to the smaller rooms and is used for practice.
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Thank you for supporting Peavey products.
Daryl Stogner

Post by Daryl Stogner »

For Mike Brown:

Mike,

I was wondering how a 12" BW would sound in the N112? Have you guys done any testing on it?

Daryl
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

It has been recommended by one of our dealers to offer this as an option, and that may happen in the future. But, right now the Peavey Blue Marvel speaker that the amp comes equipped with sounds really good. But to answer your question, no I haven't tried it yet.
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

After reading the many positive reviews about the Nash 112 on the Forum during the past year, I decided to give it a try and received my new 112 about 4 weeks ago. While using my rack and 2 cabs through a Stewart ProRef 1000 amp at a recent gig during the National Cattle Congress in W'loo in a large room, I decided to give the Nash 112 a test. To my surprise, I was very delighted with both the rich tone and the loudness of the 80 watts produced by the amp. Even when our band cranked volume on some high-energy tunes, the Nash 112 had no problem keeping up! I am very pleased. ...lefty
Bill C. Buntin

Post by Bill C. Buntin »

I've had my 112 now for almost a year. It is the greatest little power house amp you could ever want for steel. I've not had any trouble getting the type of tone and sound I like on either tuning. Clean, quiet, well worth the money. I just hope Peavey realizes the've got 2 good steel amps going now, the 1000 and the 112. Both, best steel amps I've ever had.
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Thanks again for the support. Support from the factory and dealers is here when you need us. By the way, does Fender have a consumer 800 number?
Doug Brumley

Post by Doug Brumley »

I recently purchased a (barely) used 112 on consignment at Broadway Music for a great price. I'm very much a beginner, so I can't speak to amp comparisons, but I really like what I'm hearing from this Nashville 112. Starting out, I had been running my LDG through a "Twin" setting on a digital amp modeler in an effort to save money (i.e. avoid buying an amp). After the 112 purchase, I knew from the first note that this was a huge improvement over the amp modeling. (Not a comment on amp modeling in general--just the results from my setup.) The proof came when my wife popped into the room to remark how great the amp sounded. Bottom line: Definitely worth the investment for me. It suits my present needs perfectly, and I've enjoyed hearing from others whose experiences indicate it'll still be a great amp if/when I move beyond home practice sessions.
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

For Steven...

I'm using the 112 and the Black Box, along with my LeGrande D10 with single-coils - we're currently playing big theatres ('Best Little Whorehouse...' tour), and I'm enjoying the best sound I've ever had!

This amp could be the best PSG accessory for years - my 1000 now lives permanently in the music room at home.....

RR
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

All that I can say, is thanks again for your comments and for your support of our products.