battery for profex

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Scott Henderson

battery for profex

Post by Scott Henderson »

ok sorry to ask again but where can i buy a battery for a profex ll. I posted a while back but now can't find the link recommended. would rather pay 5 or 6 bucks than 14,00 from peavey. thanks

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

David Higginbotham

Post by David Higginbotham »

Scott, you can check at most industrial electrical supply stores and they will carry this battery in the $5 to $6 range.
Dave
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Scott, I bought a new battery for my ProFex II at Battery's Plus in Springfield. It is on south Campbell street. The cost was a little over $9.00. The battery I bought appeared to be a quality battery. Scott, sometimes there can be differences in a battery. The one I got from Peavey lasted almost 10 years, so their $14.00 battery may be worth it. You will need some soldering skills. You must take the entire circuit board out and flip it over to get at the battery. I advise buying some copper braid to wick out the old solder. You can buy the copper braid at Radio Shack. If you are down this way, I will help you put it in. After the new battery is in, you must re-program everything. It would be best to save all your programs. I don't know how to do this, but Terry Bethel does, and he lives 25 miles from me.
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Scott, you may purchase the battery for your Profex II by calling 1-877-732-8391 and selecting the Parts Department or by dialing extension 1386. The part number is #70901721 and the cost including shipping is $14.02.

Hope that this helps.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Ken Fox

Post by Ken Fox »

It will typically cost around $7.50 to ship anything, so Peavey is still a great deal. I buy 50 at a time, wholesale and still pay around $5.00 each for them.
kevin grissom

Post by kevin grissom »

Hey guy's, These batterys are the same as some watch batterys, you should be able to get one for around $4.00 at the most! The battery no is cr2032 or cr2012 i changed mine, but i can't remember the exact number. If you can't find them email me and i will get them for you! Thank's Kevin
Smiley Roberts

Post by Smiley Roberts »

Kevin,
I believe you're referring to the battery that goes in the ram card. The battery that Scott was referring to,is the one that goes in the ProFex unit itself.

------------------
<font face="monospace" size="3"><pre> ~ ~
©¿© It don't mean a thang,
mm if it ain't got that twang.
www.ntsga.com</pre></font>