Ampwares ???

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Allan Todd

Ampwares ???

Post by Allan Todd »

Does anyone know if Ampwares is still trading,I ordered some Fender amp parts two months ago and my card was debited for the total, plus shipping, since then I have heard or recieved nothing, they do not reply to my emails and when I ring them I get a message saying "voice mail full" please help
Allan.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

Allan. Here's exactly what just happened with me. I ordered about $75 worth of caps and stuff from him online (I wanted to give him my business in appreciatiion for hosting the Fender Field Guide which I have used a whole bunch for research & education.) I got an instant email confirmation of the order. Then around 8 days passed with nothing. I emailed him an inquiry and I telephoned and left a message. Nothing. I canceled the order after 10 day via email. I placed an order with Hoffman late on a Wednesday and I received it on Saturday.
Well---yesterday, 15 days after placing the order I received the "canceled" Ampwares order. (BTW--he is on the east coast, same as me so we are not talking about cross-country shipping or anything)
Although some of these parts I probably can eventually use, I'm considering my options. I want to contest the charge and refuse the stuff but even though he has really poor business habits and I can see no reason anyone should do busness with him when there are other real good ones out there, I don't suppose that 15 days is so egregious that I can claim 'non-delivery'. I'm conflicted and just don't know what I'm going to do.

Anyway, I hope this helps with your question.

-----------------------------

Let me add that i made an inquiry about Ampwares on another board (Weber) and was referred to yet another board (Amp Workshop--I wanted to give you the link but it seems to be down right now) and found several people with equally bad experiences of non-delivery, unresponsiveness and sometimes eventual order fullfillment. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jon Light on 28 April 2004 at 12:57 PM.]</p></FONT>
Allan Todd

Post by Allan Todd »

Hi Jon
Thanks for your reply-so i`m not the only one-
I too recieved an instant email confirmation then nothing, I must have sent him about a dozen emails over two months.
I am annoyed as the parts($212)are for my Fender Vibrosonic which is out of action till I recieve them,on the basis of your experiance with Ampwares maybe we can draw attention to his shabby approach to business
and warn others -I have access to various Fender forums as I`m sure you have,the Ampworkshop link would be useful if you can locate it,
thank`s again,
Allan
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

This is the Amp Workshop discussion:
http://pub58.ezboard.com/fampworkshopfrm1.showNextMessage?topicID=794.topic

However apparently ezboard is down for maintenance at this time.

I guess I can't be too bent out of shape by a $75 order that took 15 days if you are out 2 months and 2 c-notes. That really blows.
Mark Herrick

Post by Mark Herrick »

Ampware's slow response to filling orders has been the subject of concerned posts on several forums...