Peavy Nashville 400 Upgrade Kit

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Wes Bakken

Peavy Nashville 400 Upgrade Kit

Post by Wes Bakken »

My sound has always been warm and fat and thus always had trouble cutting through to match the lead guitar player. Recently I installed the upgrade kit from Peavy and now my Nashville 400 does the dance. It has given me the warm fat sound and the highs are smooth and silky. I am very happy with this modification and it was fairly easy to do, it is like having a new amp. If you do the mod yourself, make sure you know the resistor and capicator color code and while you're in there, change out the other electrolytics as well. Other than that, pretty straight forward. $30 bucks is a real bargain.

wes
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

Thanks for the promo, Wes.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
b0b

Post by b0b »

Moved to electronics section
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Mr Brown, could I have this upgrade kit installed at our local music store? they sell a lot of peavy amps. about how much would it cost to have it installed if I have to send it to peavy? seein as how I don't know squat about electronics, is there any way I could do it myself? Image I love my session 400'rd! Image
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Terry,
I'm not Mr. Brown but I believe you can send your amp to Peavey and they will do the mod for you.
Erv
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Hey Erv, thanks. I was wondering what they would charge to do it. guess I can go to their website and find out. Image
Terry
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

I was having trouble with mine cutting out..I sent it to them...it was an easy fix and I had them install the MOD.
Price, including shipping it back to me was $82. I would think that yours would be about the same....shipping was to Mesa, AZ.

(PS Sounds great!!)
Terry Sneed

Post by Terry Sneed »

Thanks Jack. $82 ain't bad at all. Image
I bet our local music store wouldn't do it for that. Image
Mike Brown

Post by Mike Brown »

It is not necessary to return your Peavey amp to the factory to have a kit installed. Any qualified technician can install the kit for you. Here's our dealer/service center locator in case you wish for your local technician to install the kit for you;
http://www.peavey.com/support/dealerlocator/

Also, here's a link to the various kits that we offer; http://www.peavey.com/support/steelguitaristinfo/

The part numbers are as follows;
Vegas 400-#90500047
Nashville 400-#90500048(prior to s/n08575482)
Session 400 Limited-#90500049
Session 500-#90500050
Profex II-#90500051

Call us for pricing. Toll free in North America at 1-877-732-8391.

Mike Brown
Peavey Electronics Corporation
Jack Francis

Post by Jack Francis »

Mike, you are correct,,,however, As a victim of a local authorized service center I would say that for a SURE fix send it to you guys.

My local fix-em-up shop is M-Tronics here in Mesa..they make you wait at least 2-3 weeks.
Charge $80 to open it up look inside, not fix a thing and when you bring it back,,,wait 3 more weeks call me and say it works fine. (I bet this time they didn't even open it.)

I sent it to you guys and you diagnosed the problem immediately and fixed it. Now I'm a HAPPY guy again. <FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Jack Francis on 12 April 2004 at 03:59 PM.]</p></FONT>